every thing is running hot!?!?!

super supra dave

Oct 12, 2007
manassas va
ok so today i got the supra up and running. i know i need a new bypass cuz im still getting compressor surge. also my car over heated getting on the highway. i think my boost gage is not reading right, got a after market on that im putten on in the morn(i hope). around town it drives fine, just need to get the time right. its running 5 deg over what it should be. i think that might be why im over heating too. another thing was i opend my hood and the turbo was red hot. never seen that befor. am i running to much boost, or is it the timing. the only thing i can think of to run more boost that stcok(every thing is stock) is that the wast gate is stuck closed. that could be why im over heating on the highway, like i said around town is fine. any info would help. thanks

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
radiator clogged?

check your cat too.
and after a long drive wouldnt the turbo be hot? but if your wastegate is stuck closed, then i think your motor would have either blown or you would have no power from the ECU detecting massive knock...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i was thinking about that after i started to read another thread...

and if hes still on the stock cat i could see that happening... could a possible fuel leak thats making his car run lean cause the turbo to be red hot??

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
It almost sounds like timing is retarded...like what you see with the CPS off a tooth.
The motor would run like crap though.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Timing off would cause the exhaust temps to be high. But as stated would run like crap off idle. Then again it could be. He is after all driving around with an inoperable wastegate with a known bad radiator. How much more brilliance is needed?