Ever done something good and then felt terrible afterwords

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
Well my wife had got in touch with the salvation army b/c she wanted to help out a needy family. Well they sent us to the boys and girls club where they gave us list for a single with two kids or so we thought. Well we go out and buy the two six year old twin boys several presents. Tonight we meet up with the mom and give them to her and a gift certificate we got for her for anything they may need. The lady was so nice, she is in her last year of school shes getting her bs in nursing. But it turns out she has 4 kids not 2. The boys and girls club would not let her put her other 2 kids down b/c they dont go to the boys and girls club. I felt so terrible after i heard that, I mean how is she supposed to explain to her other kids why they didnt get anything. The other 2 kids are 10 and 3.

Ive never felt bad after doing something good until now. I dont know should I go get her a gift certificate to toys r us or something. My wife was pissed and called the lady that heads up the program just to ask her wtf is up with that. And of course its the same old policy is policy. But I mean they are just kids.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
All I can say is , Dont feel bad because you didn't know... If you have the money to spend get them a gift card for Toys R Us like you said...

If not... You did a generous thing already and you should feel good because you gave when most people in this time cannot...

Money is short for most of us, so what I am saying is that even in this economy you still gave which to me is awesome and I respect you and your wife a hell of alot for doing that!!!

Happy Holidays!!!

-Dustin

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
sweetlikechutny;1209375 said:
I think she has more kids then she can support..

I say it how it is..

......and that's why bmoss and his wife was helping them. Maybe this woman hadn't planned on her husband leaving her and her kids. She's trying to make a better life for them. If you'll read, you'll see that she's getting her bs in nursing. At least she didn't abandoned her kids. Would that make you feel better since she can't support them as you so eloquently put it. I commend her for doing her best and not relying on the state to take care of them. It's a lot easier to sit on your ass and draw welfare than it is to go to school and become a nurse. My mother chose to sit on her ass instead of getting an education and that's why me and my three siblings were put into foster care. You undoubtedly don't have a clue on raising children. Just because you can't buy them name brand clothes and shoes doesn't mean you can't support them. I wish my mother had tried as hard as this lady is trying.

bmoss85

Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
Thanks Jay thats exactly how i feel. Atleast she is trying to better herself. I told her that one day all this would be behind her and I hope she is able to do it for someone else some day. Ive been there struggling with kids and going to school. Kids cant help there situation, its not there fault.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm surrounded by poverty bmoss. Every year we take our daughters clothes and toys from the year before and give them to kids around here that absolutely love them. They're not brand new, but they're new to them and that's all that matters. Times are hard right now and I truly commend you on your kindness.

bmoss85

Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
Jay thats great that you do that! I just dont know if I can spend anymore money on Christmas, but It hurts me to think about her other kids not having as much. My wife just called the lady again that heads up the program and she said she is going to look and see if they have anything there they give them. I hope she wasnt just blowing us off.

bmoss85

Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
I did the best i could do, we did also give the mom a gift card to wally world maybe she will use it on the other kids. Yes the economy is terrible, I can only hope it gets better soon, this is a terrible time for people.

I didnt ask where the kids dad was, but i do wonder if hes a piece of shit or if something bad has happened to him. I do know he's not around though.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The fact is, the world isn't fair.

That said, none of us want our kids to find this out until they have to, and age 3, or even 10, for that matter, is far too soon.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be out shopping tomorrow, picking up some more goodies for the other two kids. That covers the family. I'd also be giving the club royal hell, and explaining how their policies are contributing to stress in already high risk families instead of helping. I would threaten to remove my support from an organization that doesn't understand the difference between a help and a hindrance.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I think bmoss is tapped out GJ. He wants to help, but he is only able to do so much. Hopefully someone else locally can come to their aid.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
sweetlikechutny;1209375 said:
I think she has more kids then she can support..

I say it how it is..

Coming from a single parent....what you're saying is horse shit.. That woman is trying to better herself for her children...Nurses get paid top freaking dollar...These people are helping her because right now money is tight..Money is tight for me, but I help people..Yes, there are undeserving people leeching off the system, but to assume everyone who may have trouble making ends meet is that way, is completely asinine...Shit happens..she could have been married 11 years and her husband left her..Not all men who create kids, support them..Maybe she left an abusive situation to protect her children....We're all not fortunate to have perfect lives with disposable income that inhibit our ability to realize that people are struggling

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
savannahashlee;1209634 said:
Coming from a single parent....what you're saying is horse shit.. That woman is trying to better herself for her children...Nurses get paid top freaking dollar...These people are helping her because right now money is tight..Money is tight for me, but I help people..Yes, there are undeserving people leeching off the system, but to assume everyone who may have trouble making ends meet is that way, is completely asinine...Shit happens..she could have been married 11 years and her husband left her..Not all men who create kids, support them..Maybe she left an abusive situation to protect her children....We're all not fortunate to have perfect lives with disposable income that inhibit our ability to realize that people are struggling

You... My friend hit the nail on the head...

Well stated SA

bmoss85

Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
Well this morning we got up early and called about every fire department and church and everything in between in the phone book. We got no help anywhere for her. So we went to toys r us tonight and bought some present for her other kids. I dont think ive ever seen somebody smile so much while crying. Im so glad we were able to go get her some more stuff tonight.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
bmoss - That was a seriously stand up thing to do. Not everyone this Christmas gets to do everything they want to do - and you did well by them.

The world could use more examples like this.

Jay - that's the most serious set of posts I've ever seen from you, man! Understandably so.

bmoss85

Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
it just kills me to think about kids not having a christmas. i know there are still probably milions of them out there that arent going to have a christmas but atleast i could help a few. its not the kids fault and i know as young as her kids are they probably dont understand whats going on, or least they shouldnt have to.