Ever been to Panama???

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Tell me your stories....

My trip to Spain got posponed 'till Nov, so we're now going to Panama...:naughty:

I'm happy that we're going somewhere. I really need to get away...

Any suggestions, comments, advice???

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
my uncle lived in Panama for a while, its a beautiful place, i'd def. go and visit if i had the time and extra cash. I'm probably gonna go to Honduras sometime this year though.

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
Depends on what you like doing. If you have the chance; do the Panama Canal Transit; it is one of the 7 wonders of the modern world and definitely something worth doing (I did it).

http://www.anconexpeditions.com/

There is plenty to do and see in Panama, especially if you know someone that lives there.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Prison_060131085946613_wideweb__300x375,1.jpg

I am in prison but I'm about to escape.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
empera;910081 said:
my uncle lived in Panama for a while, its a beautiful place, i'd def. go and visit if i had the time and extra cash. I'm probably gonna go to Honduras sometime this year though.

Cool. what for and where in Honduras? My friend was in Honduras last year. He's in the army. He said it was cool and the massages were great and cheap!!! :naughty:

romaniello;910162 said:
Depends on what you like doing. If you have the chance; do the Panama Canal Transit; it is one of the 7 wonders of the modern world and definitely something worth doing (I did it).

http://www.anconexpeditions.com/

There is plenty to do and see in Panama, especially if you know someone that lives there.

Yes, I would like to transit the canal. We'll see as time allows. Thanks for the link, I didn't see that one. I actually went to visitpanama.com.

JustAnotherVictim;910369 said:
Prison_060131085946613_wideweb__300x375,1.jpg

I am in prison but I'm about to escape.

ROFL...one of my favorite series as well...

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
If you think you'd stick out in a crowd in outside of the US, beware of showing much in the way of luxury items: electronics, jewelery and expensive watches, etc.. This is true of much of Central and South America, and much of the world. Not really dissing Panama or any other country, but I know from personal experience. I have the opportunity to travel to South America this June, but I've been somewhat reluctant to commit.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Supraholics;911068 said:
Cool. what for and where in Honduras? My friend was in Honduras last year. He's in the army. He said it was cool and the massages were great and cheap!!! :naughty:

My aunt lives there, she has a pretty nice amount of land down there and i've always wanted to visit. Not sure what part though. I'll see whats up the massages tho...

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
GotBoost?;911124 said:
If you think you'd stick out in a crowd in outside of the US, beware of showing much in the way of luxury items: electronics, jewelery and expensive watches, etc.. This is true of much of Central and South America, and much of the world. Not really dissing Panama or any other country, but I know from personal experience. I have the opportunity to travel to South America this June, but I've been somewhat reluctant to commit.

This is not exactly true in Panama, remember that the US owned a big section of the country until recently, and is one of the hottest places to retire to right now.
It's currency is the almighty US dollar, minimum salary is about $250 a month so figure that a retirement check goes a long way in Panama.
Also, the american embassy in Panama is the principal office for most of Central and South America.

Try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxrUq4SdB-Q

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Mk3Jesse;911091 said:
beware the giant lizards.

Giant lizards? How big? and where? :biglaugh:

CryoSlash;911094 said:
YouTube video

Nice background music while reading this thread :biglaugh:

GotBoost?;911124 said:

I understand what you're saying completely... this is also the case here, depending on what cities you visit :biglaugh:

empera;911208 said:
My aunt lives there, she has a pretty nice amount of land down there and i've always wanted to visit. Not sure what part though. I'll see whats up the massages tho...

Let's go!!!!!!!! :biglaugh:

romaniello;911268 said:
This is not exactly true in Panama, remember that the US owned a big section of the country until recently, and is one of the hottest places to retire to right now.
It's currency is the almighty US dollar, minimum salary is about $250 a month so figure that a retirement check goes a long way in Panama.
Also, the american embassy in Panama is the principal office for most of Central and South America.

This is true. I was told that you can eat ALL DAY with $2. Clothes are cheap, cost of living, etc. The only thing people tell me is expensive is rent...at least in Panama city.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
I was there several years ago and loved it. I recommend staying out of Colon. It is very dangerous there. I do recommend Boco de Toro, a group of islands on the Atlantic side. In Panama the food was cheap, the fishing was damn good and the people, ecpept for the ones we met in Colon were very nice. I recommend renting a car and drivind north to David. There are several areas on the Pacific side that are nice as well. If you like big fish, Panama is the place.

Dan