~ESSENCE~ S14 1jz build

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
This car has taken about a year to get to this point. I graduate with my bachelors this December so that has been my main priority. I could never find a clean and complete shell like I wanted so I bought a running car and parted it out. I did it this way so I knew nothing was missing and most shells sit around and collect rust.

the car the day I got it. Clean, running s14 with redtop sr20det
ohcg0.jpg

sold all the stuff, then got the engine bay stitch welded and a basic 6pt. cage with nascar door bars(which i regret now). The gussets however look badass. also got a new windshield.

also decided to rent out a shop with a few friends. Office with an AC was big plus:rockon
2r7m5bn.jpg

291gi29.jpg

Installed wilwood brakes and 5 lug. brakes are kind of a wierd setup, but I think it will work.
razpqe.jpg

11aevsg.jpg

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
Bought a jzx90 motor and tranny and stripped it down. Bought a lot of goodies for it. Got the intake mani coated. valve covers will be coated after motor is in.
2mmvgb6.jpg

installed Greddy relocated and motor brackets/mounts
20iigjk.jpg

aeromotive afpr + driftmotion kit + non-trac
1693iqd.jpg

Put the motor in last night, ran into lots of problems. the mounts are custom and turns out they were designed for a mk3 supra r154 and no extended housing. So we were putting the motor in like regular not realizing the shifter isn't clearing. This is awesome b/c the motor sits really far back:eek. What sucks is we had to cut the hole for the shifter.
21kkzkj.jpg

shifter pic. Another problem we ran into was the tranny mount would not line up b/c it was made for a mk3 r154. SO I have to get another custom mount made for the mission
23it08n.jpg

lots of room!
k16gbt.jpg

something exciting coming!
ny8zz9.jpg

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
thanks!! here's some more updates

got the transmission situation all worked out. its all bolted in and ready to rock. Put the center console in to get a test fit. ONce the leather boot is on, it'll look stock
zyamxl.jpg

got the relocation plumbed and mounted. in the future i'll run an oil cooler, as simple as switching 1 line around.
30xd9qs.jpg

got the aeromotive afpr mounted and lines hooked up
i74fwm.jpg

2zzrbbs.jpg

picked up something cool
287446r.jpg

how it looked at the end of the day
2m26wr6.jpg

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
the updates have been a little slow. I can only work on this car on Sundays and last weekend we went to LoneStar Bash in Mineral Wells so that took up a weekend.

this is me trying to figure out the tie downs for the car. Have i ever mentioned I hate trailers? You can see my truck in the picture, i'm going for matching white truck and car!! haha

1zps6mb.jpg

took the subframe out. bushings looked pretty good, but they're still getting the solids. any suggestions on subframe colors??
2u8vw9f.jpg

kcz3ao.jpg

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
Had a subframe party over the weekend. Both got Powered by Max subframe risers. They should help a little with the insane amount of torque that will be going through them :roflmao. A lot of times axles break b/c the angle of the cv/axle is so off due to the car being so low.

Mine is the powered by max knock off color and Justin has the nismo power brace knock off

subframe%20fireworks.jpg

subframe%20shananigins.jpg

subframe%20shananigins%202.jpg

subframe%20shananigins%203.jpg

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
some more updates. All the little stuff takes forever!

installed clutch master with ss line to slave. During bleeding, some brake fluid leaked out on the engine bay. Didnt see it til the next day when all the paint was fucked up. So I had to repaint a section of the bay
29ljqyo.jpg

Mounted the pbm air separator thing
2hcf287.jpg

got the subframe in with the risers, arms, 2 way, etc.
11kuqfk.jpg

2exshll.jpg

a pic of the risers to show how much it raises it. You run into some problems with the risers. Have to relocate e-brake cables, deep wall socket doesn't fit into the differential bolts in the subframe, the ruca bolts have to go in backwards.
zt9079.jpg

Also got a steel driveshaft made rated to over 600ish.
qp2ah5.jpg