Engines. Where to buy from???

whitelightning

Jun 8, 2010
Washington
Hey i was looking to purchase a lower mile 7m-gte, too many companys to choose from! any one have any good reviews on imported motor dealers?:1zhelp:

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
Whatever you buy from those companies will have been sitting in a warehouse for up to the last 20 years. Sorry to say but it doesn't really matter what company cuz chances are your going to end up rebuilding it very soon. Trust me... I know, and wish I had listened when I was told to just rebuild the motor i had. It would have saved me a couple thousand.

whitelightning

Jun 8, 2010
Washington
DigityD'87;1578107 said:
Whatever you buy from those companies will have been sitting in a warehouse for up to the last 20 years. Sorry to say but it doesn't really matter what company cuz chances are your going to end up rebuilding it very soon. Trust me... I know, and wish I had listened when I was told to just rebuild the motor i had. It would have saved me a couple thousand.

Well thanks for the info, i will price out the rebuild.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
The solution maybe just to get a low millage 2JZ-GE from a local junk yard or craiglist.
I have heard you can use the 7M electronics to run the engines also somewhere.

But you can get a good 2jzge for around 200 get the bic motor mounts the 1JZ bellhousing($300) for manuel or a JZ auto A340 ($60) bolt it together then you get an upgrade easier to find parts still much cheaper for a 7M rebuild.

I know complete top to bottom end 7M rebuilds go 2000+ price range when done right depending on work.

Like heres one close to you on ebay for 500 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
NORTH CAROLINA- Greensboro
I personally had a great experience with nagasaki jdm motors. I blew the hg turning the boost up to 13 but upon opening the engine up it is incredibly clean and not trashed. I'm still in the middle of my rebuild. I caught them in a sale too so I got my 7mgte for 1000 shipped