Engine woke up!!

Ron Jefferson

Jun 21, 2012
Virginia
I haven't done any mods to the car since I've had it, just basic tune up stuff to get it dependable. Today I purchased a k&n filter, the drop in, and did the sogi cai mod. The car feels so much more responsive. I mounted the hose slightly under the factory ic piping. It sounds so much different when I accelerate. Really had now idea how much a intake could do. Next will be downpipe and exhaust.

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
AEM dryflow filters are good too. The K&N will probably be fine though. Full 3" downpipe and exhaust is a ridiculous power gain.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
jake8790;1879132 said:
AEM dryflow filters are good too. The K&N will probably be fine though.

The K&N and any other oiled air filter will eventually mess up your AFM. Better to go with an AEM Dryflo or similar style. If you measure the diameter of the opening and the length of the cone you should be able to bring that to your parts guy and he'd be able to get you just a replacement filter and you can try to sell the K&N to recoupe some of the cost. K&N will work ok for a while...just be aware of the potential consequences and if you do recharge it be sure not to over oil it.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
jake8790;1879132 said:
Full 3" downpipe and exhaust is a ridiculous power gain.

You got that right, I did my apexi filter along with the walbro 255 and afpr but didn't notice much of a change from the filter. Went 3" DM downpipe along with the DM ic kit, first is useless and 2nd is almost too short to be useful.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
you think it sounds awesome now
get a 3in downpipe and free flowing exhaust
sounds better but not as good as not having a restrictive AFM in the way
mine sounds like a big diesel turbo when spooling up haha
i like to drive up beside people, hold the brake pedal down and give it more gas
they hear the turbo and look over and laugh haha