engine wire harness

porsche6016

Jul 22, 2007
e-burg
:1zhelp: i'm putting my 7m-gte motor back together and its time for the engine wire harness.... yay....:3d_frown:

does anyone have pics of like the lay out or anything. the only diagram i could find sucks and is really confusing and doesn;t show it clear.... the dude i got the car from started ripping the head out and than stopped so i have the fun part of putting this stuff back together pretty much blind.... any links and pics would be greatly appriciated :icon_bigg

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Well, since you didnt remove it, it will make it a lot harder than what it really is to put back on but it still isnt that hard. Start from the firewall and lay the harness ontop of the lower intake plenum(with upper removed) and you will see the injector clips, you cant miss them. Clip those on the injectors and everything else in the area will go south. Once you find where they go, (trial and error worked for me) then continue around to the front of the motor and lay the harness across the cams and put those clips in their designated area, (these are really easy cause everything is right in front of you)and dont forget the O2 sensor off the turbo elbow.

I didnt mention it but make sure you plug in the tps and isc valve, no difficulty here at all btw. and dont forget about the coilpack plug.....twice I have forgotten that little plug and started cursing when my motor wouldnt start up:biglaugh:

suprasnd

Jul 14, 2007
Flinton, PA
One little trick is to also make sure that the clip to towards the rear is installed correctly and doesn't come loose. It will allow the harness to drop onto the EGR pipe and over time the heat in that pipe will melt through some of the wires. Not a good scenario!! Ask me how I know!!! LOL

Keith