engine torque strut/brace for 89+ mounts...

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
^^^

What a punk, Just when I am saving money you make more bad ass stuff for me to blow money on hahaha... can you give me an estimate of how much it will go for? And 1JZ/7M/2JZ compatible cross mix?

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Yes the pre 89 bolt in ones will be priced very well, as they are just a bolt on part. The 89+ cars have no brackets on the car or motor, so we have also made some bolt on brackets to go along with the strut that will make them a bolt on.

Randy

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
i did notice a lack of bracing in this department, didn't think it was a big problem though until now. Any differeneces in how the car drives with these strut mounts (any in general)?

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
becauseican;888278 said:
Yes the pre 89 bolt in ones will be priced very well, as they are just a bolt on part. The 89+ cars have no brackets on the car or motor, so we have also made some bolt on brackets to go along with the strut that will make them a bolt on.

Randy

looking forward to buying yet another fine west canadian part!!!:biglaugh:
mine was leaky 2 years ago, was contemplating on what to do with this,but i guess it was shoved down my "to-do" list

Last edited:

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I dont want to hijack your thread, but has anyone used the MKIV mounts? I was contemplating the same thing after seing the pre 89 brace. Both my 89 mounts are torn but I dont want to gain any added vibration and wondered if it would be worth the time to build a brace. Can anyone compair the amount of vibration in the 89+ and the MKIV mounts? always one step ahead Randy

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
all save you the truble it easy as shit to make on the side of the block there will be blot holes were the engine mont are make plat to the sub frame monte to body top part done easy as pie this is what i going to do but i ahve list so long ti ant funny of shit to do

and will work very well

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
flubyux2;888959 said:
randy... got any teaser pics?

Yes they are now available!!! check the BIC section for pics, info and pricing, found here: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?p=892662#post892662

bic&

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
awesome,that makes me happy. looks just like what i had in mind. yours would probably cost less than if i tried to make my own... i just hope your 89+ brackets arent too expensive.

you know, youd think theyd put these struts on the liquid mounts rather than the older ones. several of my cars had these struts when i bought them. the 89+ cars still had mounting points but no struts. only my pre89 cars had them.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
KMinAF;893852 said:
I just used a short piece of chain with one end fastened to the top of the mount and the other to the bottom side of the mount, works great.

Was probably a little noisey/ harsh, eh?. You cant feel any difference with the BIC strut in place, exept that the engine barely moves.