Engine swap??

K

kmkSATX

I've had this idea floating around in my head for the last couple weeks for a perfect engne swap. Something that makes 300+tq at 1500 rpm and spools at 2k rpm while making 600+hp easily. And the best part is that you can find parts for this engine at any junkyard in the country.

Ok I'll probably get seriously flamed for suggesting this, but it's an AMC 4.0 I6 stroked to a 4.6 and boosted swap. Yup, I wanna put a 2v pushrod engine into a supra. Why? Simple, displacement and cost. There's no way you could get a 2jz to make as much lowend as this engine while still being able to put out the same amount of HP for less. Bigger displacement equals faster spool and more lowend. What about the top end? With JUST A PORT AND POLISH, these heads flow 260+cfm. And that's with itty bitty stock valves. Put some 2.02/1.64 valves and a 3 angle valve job and only god knows where your gonna end up. I plugged some numbers into desktop dyno and a stroked 4.6 made 350hp @6200rpm ON 8.2 CR. If you were to boost this engine you could make some serious power. Best of all, from what I hear this motor was coupled to the same 4 speed auto as the 2jz.

I'm just looking for input. Is this a good idea? Is it not? I don't have the money to attempt this but maybe somebody does and has the balls to try.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You could always try and shove a Toyota inline 6 in place of the Toyota inline six. They sold the Land Crusier with a bruiser of an engine, if you have your heart set on it.

And if you don't, and really just want to swap, LQ4 and LQ9 are available on Ebay. Fabrication required.