Engine Swap Saddness...

ehletitrain

Sweet Talker
Aug 6, 2009
Downey, CA
www.facebook.com
i had an engine swap and the shop returned me the car running crappy. my mechanic gets it running decent and notices many different things.
theres oil in the pistens
theres water around the spark plugs
the spark plugs have oil and seems to be burnt
theres a small clicking sound (not a rod knock) where the front 1st or maybe 2ed valves are

idles a little funky but its most likely from the messed up spark plugs

keep in mind the engine has been sitting for a while and the guy i bought it off said that the valves were 2 mm larger. the engine also has a hks metal head gasket.

if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it

(spark plug pictures are in order from left to right 123456)

Attachments

• img041.jpg
    img041.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 49
  • img043.jpg
    img043.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 35
  • img046.jpg
    img046.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 36
  • img044.jpg
    img044.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 33
  • img045.jpg
    img045.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 33

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ 2nd that.

2 options. take a crash corse in 7m or take it to DM and know you have a trusted mechanic working for you. (take option # 2)

ehletitrain

Sweet Talker
Aug 6, 2009
Downey, CA
www.facebook.com
the shop that did the swap is called xo2 and my mechanic was pretty much cleaning of their mess. when i pulled the car outta theyre shop it was idleing at 2krpm and they said that it had an advance timing. also the temp gauge didnt work. my mech got it idleing around 800 rpm where it should.
now when he saw the oil in those two pistens he tould my dad that either the valves seals were fucked and it needed a head job (i wouldnt mind one either ;) ) and or something out the pistons or something. i didnt catch this very well. now my plan is to get some sorta vavle cleaner and new spark plugs today and put everything together. if anything i would drive it to dm which is about 40 mins away

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
Yeah I wouldn't take your engine to a regular mechanic.

I'd take it to Kaizen Motorsports or DriftMotion.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
grimreaper;1464560 said:
^ 2nd that.

2 options. take a crash corse in 7m or take it to DM and know you have a trusted mechanic working for you. (take option # 2)
I took option 1 and turned out fine so far. But I also had my 2 year degree in automotive at that time. ;)
-AM3

dimixtron

cbhxb
Jan 22, 2008
Downey, CA
Lol, like I said Chris, mechanics without a good name can't be trusted. As you can tell, and even Aaron, they did a bang up job on my 7M putting a hole in my crankcase in the process. Even did a bang up job installing my rear subframe; installed sway bar upside down, broke sway bar end link on rear passenger side, bent my traction arm.. Need I continue? Lol. On top of it they gave me my car back looking dirtier than when I brought it. Took it to Aaron@DM and they repaired my leaky valve cover gasket and replaced my spark plug wires and some other little things, and even gave it back with my engine looking cleaner than I ever had it. Haha. So you're engine is gonna have some TLC at DM trust me. Aaron even left me a brand new HTC phone in my Supra as a parting gift when I had it towed to the other shop.. But, I couldn't accept it, so I gave him his phone back. Lol. But really, it's only one of 2 ways to go with the 7M, either learn the engine and do things your self, or have DM or Kaizen do it right for you. Worth it in the long run, trust me Chris haha.

ehletitrain

Sweet Talker
Aug 6, 2009
Downey, CA
www.facebook.com
dimixtron;1465013 said:
Lol, like I said Chris, mechanics without a good name can't be trusted. As you can tell, and even Aaron, they did a bang up job on my 7M putting a hole in my crankcase in the process. Even did a bang up job installing my rear subframe; installed sway bar upside down, broke sway bar end link on rear passenger side, bent my traction arm.. Need I continue? Lol. On top of it they gave me my car back looking dirtier than when I brought it. Took it to Aaron@DM and they repaired my leaky valve cover gasket and replaced my spark plug wires and some other little things, and even gave it back with my engine looking cleaner than I ever had it. Haha. So you're engine is gonna have some TLC at DM trust me. Aaron even left me a brand new HTC phone in my Supra as a parting gift when I had it towed to the other shop.. But, I couldn't accept it, so I gave him his phone back. Lol. But really, it's only one of 2 ways to go with the 7M, either learn the engine and do things your self, or have DM or Kaizen do it right for you. Worth it in the long run, trust me Chris haha.

thanks dimi true homiez!
yeah the guy i took it to specialized in 240sx and knows his shit dont get me wrong but a 240sx is not a supra. two different worlds acutally (i think.)
aaron sounds like a nice guy. so ima give him a try. thanks errbody

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
nothing wrong with learning it for yourself, but there is going to be some costly trial and error. And TIME... Main reason i suggest DM. Nobody gets it right the first go round...