Engine Reving Irregular 1JZ VVTi

grimreefer

Aug 13, 2011
209 CA
Hey forum long time no see! Just finished my transmission rebuild on my 1JZ vvti install, and am moving onto gettin the motor running properly. Ive had an issue with my motor not revving off initial acceleration. I suspect a few things to blame, but curious if this is an issue anyone else has solved already. I suspect that either my intercooler pipes arent properly sealed, my MAF is bad, or the gas in my oil isnt reacting well (Tranny shop left my key in with my Fuel pump bypassed).. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, Ima get pics up tomorrow

grimreefer

Aug 13, 2011
209 CA
I was going to do that, but dont wanna run the engine for the time being due to all the gas in my oil, I need to put a switch on my EFI bypass so itll stop flooding the crankcase prior to ignition

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You don't need to start the engine to check the codes

And if your injectors are injecting with key on something is wrong with your injectors wiring or Ecu. They don't start working till it starts cranking and sees a crank signal.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
1jz Vvti uses a fuel pump Ecu. So the engine ecu won't control the fuel pump.

Again. The Ecu controls when injectors open. They don't open until the engine is cranking and there is signal from the cam and crank sensors telling the Ecu when to open the injectors. Even if the fuel pump is on the injectors should not be open unless the injectors are bad being stuck open, your wiring is horrible and the injectors are being grounded, or your Ecu is bad.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Won't a bad MAF throw a code? As for the intercooler pipes, just pressurize them.

And if you have gas in the oil, you've got a few more problems than just poor acceleration.