Engine Rebuild

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
Heres the deal! My engine is running fine, and has had the headgasket replaced and clutch etc in the past.. not too sure if its a metal HG or ARP hardware, but owell!

I just wanna get a ballpark idea how much it would cost me to rebuild my engine. And im strictly just talking about things such as machining head, block, valve seals, pistons, rings, rods, crankshaft (needed?), bearings... oil pump .. all of that internal stuff.

I would like between 400-500 hp in the future. And I would like to take the first step and start with a fresh clean reliable engine I know i can dump a whole bunch of power into.

All in all, what I am asking is how much approx. will it cost me for parts to rebuild my 7m-gte myself? Lookin for ballpark price..?

Thanks guys!

super supra dave

Oct 12, 2007
manassas va
i dont you should be asking how much it will coast, you should ask how well do you want this new motor to run. you can get ferrea valve train with titanum connecting rods so on. for what i want my motor do is put down hp but also be and every day drive. if you only want 400-500 then the stock block will handle it. but if you want that hp with the built proof stamp of approval, you gotta spend the money.

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
400-500hp.. daily driver.. i want it to be reliable i dont want no mickey mouse crap that im going to worry about after its all said and done. i beleive in doing things right the first time even if it costs more.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
I spent approx. $2500.00 on my 7M, incl. block & crank machining, new forged pistons, bearings, new oil pump, all new gaskets and seals, and Arp hardware thruout incl. rod resizing and dressing for arp bolts. the price goes up from there, this was a pretty basic build, the head work was approx. $300 iirc. I did all the mild p&p myself to save money. That doesn't of course include all the incidentals. Whose doing your machining, Magnem?

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
"the head work was approx. $300 iirc."
sorry for the dumb question: what does iirc mean? haha

but thanks for all your input on this.. i now have a general idea of how much it can cost me :)

not too sure who will be doing the machining yet, i live in vancouver bc. anybody know a good shop around my area?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
iirc= If I Recall

As said, if that's all you want for power, the stock head will handle it. Or, you colud spend a lot more money playing around in there. If you're lucky, that rebuilt motor will have a good usable crank. You could get away with a cheap rebuild if you just go back all stock, and proper prep for a MHG, with new bearings and gaskets