Engine Progress pics

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
I am almost done rebuilding my 7mgte, i really like all the info and pics of all of the members vehicles that are all over the forum a few of the guys like
ron ramirez, stevemk3 and jeff gore have helped me out along the way. here are a few pics.

enginepic51fw.jpg

jun28007ma1177674300017ds.jpg

enginepic69tt.jpg

enginepic33gz.jpg

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Very good job man!
A few things I noticed tho:
Those frost plugs I think they're called, the bare metal circles on the sides, won't they rust if not coated? or are they treated metal. And also, you don't seem to have the starter plate on yet your flywheel is already bolted on :rolleyes: it's just have to come off before you mount it so you can put the plate on, unless you have another way of mounting the starter.
regardless, that engine is super nice, especially the manifold and custom drop-down from ron. I like the colours too, my exact choice, except I will have darker blue.
What are the internals? anythign wicked you didn't tell us? :naughty:
eric

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
verry nice.great effort.Just a quick question regardin the forward facing intakes,where do u put ur alternator? and do u keep ur aurcon compressor too?Keep postin the results of the new motor :D

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
actually the freeze plugs where supplied by my machinist and different from the toyota ones. I am going to use a clear upper timing cover with the stock
lower cover. I got this manifold from street imports ( i think all of the ones like mine are the same sh@t). i had some concern with the manifold clearing the oil filter housing, but when i put it on everything fit fine, it clears everything, i think even the dip stick tube will clear to the side of the manifold but i willl let u know when all the stuff is on. the flywheel was just
on to make sure it fit properly, cause i heard someone had a problem with theirs. but the plate is two pieces anyway, i think. there is alot of internal stuff that i did not post :icon_bigg but i will post specifics after i have numbers. thanx for the complements guys.

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
once again, thanx for all the compliments, about the alternator if u notice where the alt normally would bolt on in the pics u will see a shiny bracket, which was supplied by ron. this allows the use of a ffi in conjunction with a/c.