Engine problems, where to get fixed? (E. Tenn.)

salomon68

welkin
Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
I am looking for a good auto shop to take my Supra to get looked at. I'm having some engine troubles that I've become very frustrated with and just don't have the time and patience to mess around with. I still haven't gotten to make my Supra a daily driver and it's been years since I first got it. I just can't pinpoint the problem (engine struggling to start and idle. Redone timing 5 times).

Everything that could be replaced or rebuilt has been and it has a professionally rebuilt engine. I'm in the East Tennessee area and need a reputable shop to take it to. I at least wanna get a professional opinion on what is wrong with it.

salomon68

welkin
Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Haven't checked, don't know how. It's an 87 N/A Automatic with the sports package. Is it pretty easy? Will I still get codes if the battery has been unplugged?

I think I've had too much patience with this car lol. I've put in quite a bit of money and even more time. I'm a student and just don't have time right now, but I do have the money to get it looked at.

So, any suggestions from East Tennessee owners on where to take it? I'm willing to haul it 100 miles or so.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Any codes stored would be erased from the battery being not hooked up, too bad it is pretty easy to check. Just moved from Chattanooga about a year ago, maybe somebody else in the area.