Engine misses@ high rpm

cykornr

Aug 21, 2005
Newark
Here is my problem, at high rpm, 5500 + and about 11 psi boost the engine starts missing and stumbling. If I go easy up (low boost) I can take it to 6500. If I keep the rpm low(4 to 5000) I can hit 12psi boost. Other than this the car runs OK, the mileage has dropped a little(3mpg).
Now the stuff you'll ask, plugs Autolite gap at .028 ( I have put 3 different set of new plugs in, all with the same results) The engine is mostly stock, 3' turbo back exhaust, Apexi boost controller, and a walbro fuel pump("J" tube bypassed, no 12v mod) There are no engine codes coming up.
So far every thing I've checked is OK or I have repaired it (broken wires, vacuum tubes off). One thing that seems weird, I connected a voltmeter up to the Vf-T1 at idle 3.5, rev the engine it goes to .5 then back to 3.5, but drive it goes to 5.0 let off the gas it goes to .5, then back to 5.0. When I stop, it stays at 5.0 till I shut off the engine, restart 3.5
I am running out of things to check, anybody got any ideas?

Thanks, Rick

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
holy shit you're doing something wrong, and you just gave me O.O

11 PSI on what management, and boost leak?

check alignment of your tps?

whats Vf-T1 testing? (I've never had issues like this)

Also you can try reseting the computer because you did fix a few things and that'll refresh it. :)

cykornr

Aug 21, 2005
Newark
Zumtizzle;1045206 said:

Also you can try reseting the computer because you did fix a few things and that'll refresh it. :)

Doing something worn, yes, that is why I am here.

11 psi is with the Apexi boost controller, all other things are stock.

Checking the TPS was the next thing on my list.

Vf-T1 is right out of the TSRM, you can use an ohm meter to check the air/fuel, not as good as a wide band, but it is the best I can do for now.

Reset the computer, I haven't tried that.

cykornr

Aug 21, 2005
Newark
Zumtizzle;1045206 said:

Two things, I am running 10 psi not 11, ( I did not remember bar correctly)

and I reset the computer, The car seems to be running OK.

I'll check it tomorrow.