engine managemet advice

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
ive been looking around, searching both supramania, supraforums, and celicasupra for everyones opinions on what i should run. currently im swapping a 89' 7mgte/R154 into my 83' supra. the swap is coming along nicely and it looks awesome. as i learn more about the motor i start to change my set up and things are getting a little crazy. i just want a few things answered to help me decide what my set up will be.

i had an SAFC 2 but sold it because i got a deal on a SAFC NEO. but before i buy that i want to check out the MAFT gen 2. with the maft gen 2 can i still use the lexus AFM or do i use a MAP sensor? how simple is it to wire up. should i just stick with the SAFC NEO. power goals are not out there. 300-320 to the wheels. will upgrade to 57 trim when stock ct goes. but for now im staying with the stock turbo. so when i do go with the 57 i dont want to be limited by anything im currently putting on the car. with maft gen 2 can i utilize the high and low boost settings on the hks profec B unlike the SAFC? in other words can i switch from low to high settings with out reprogramming or retuning the car?

thanks ahead of time for everyones help and your patience.greatly appreciated.

current set up (have not started the motor yet)

HkS profec B EBC/550s/lexus AFM/2.5 intercooler pipes/big front mount/stock ct26/3inch turbo back/no emissions system/ ARp studs/port polish/3 angle job/1.2 MHG hks/ full rebuild head/ full rebuilt block to stock specs ie. not bored or stroked/7m turbo rad/E-fans/wideband and other guages

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
If you're going to go with an EBC and the MAF-T II, why not just get the pro, which has the boost control built-in? It seems like a more elegant solution, and probably lower overall cost.

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
Dan_Gyoba;936235 said:
If you're going to go with an EBC and the MAF-T II, why not just get the pro, which has the boost control built-in? It seems like a more elegant solution, and probably lower overall cost.

i already have the EBC. unless i can sell it. interesting.........