Engine is running rich/fuel cut when boosting, low idle, code 52. (need quick reply)

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Hey. So I got a new CT26 the other day, mounted it, running good on idle, except for idle being somewhat low.

Just tok it out for a run. Say if I'm half way throttle, 2nd, going up to 50mph, it's boosting up to 0.6-0.7 bar, then the engine just cuts acceleration and slows down. Hard to say if it's fuel cut or running rich..

Another scenario.. I'm in 3rd, on somewhat low revs, push the throttle a lot, then the engine cuts again, as if it is running too rich.

I've got a knock sensor error code.. but how much can that affect regular driving? Is it noticable?

Last thing.. the idle tends to be very low. On speedo it says 200-300rpm. When I'm driving and engage the clutch it feels like the engine is going to stall, as it is going very low..

All help is appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:

Supra87T

2-Tone BLUE
Feb 23, 2006
Cincinnati, OH
Code 52 for knock will definitely effect performance. Have you looked into rewiring the sensors?

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Also, if you are hitting fuel cut, you will have a code 34 stored.

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
So a knock sensor can be causing all the problems I'm having? Yeah, I've started taking off the inlet manifold..

Is it normally just the wires or the kock sensors them self that fail? How much/far do you rewire? Is there any guide?

Thanks,
Scott

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Thanks for links.

Although, it has taken quite some time to get to the knock sensors. How can I know that the sensors are good? I'd prefer not to have to take everything apart again.. only want to do it once.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Knock sensor failure is rare....9 out of 10 times it's the wiring! Pull your efi fuse for 30 seconds and then take the car for a drive and see if the problem comes back.

WillWorkFoBoost

that guy
Sep 1, 2009
Maine
Ive had a similar issue for a long time and gone thru more things than I can remember, still no effect. im gonna look into this too. Is knock sensor wiring a common thing to fail? when I drive it feels just like the car is pulling mad timing but at idle its set correctly. it roars, it boosts, but it just has no sack. Ive no check engine codes except the other day I did hit fuel cut when testing it and I thought this was strange because ive been running around 9 psi... does fuel cut actually cut fuel or is it Ignition that it cuts?