Engine importer

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
Who do you guys use? I'm looking for a 1jz with all the fun stuff. (alt/PS/fuel rail/both manifolds/turbos/etc.) I've heard people talk of Tigerjap, but i just looked and their prices seem a little unreasonable. Who did you guys go through when you got your motor? Depending on how my buddies swap goes, i may be getting an R154 from him, but i'm not sure so i don't know if i need a long or shortblock yet. I don't mind picking up if the price is worth it and the drive isn't unreasonable. (I live in Maryland)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I went through JHot Imports for my 1j, couldn't be happier. Well, I could, if they were still actively importing. Looks like they're going out of business, or at the very least slowing down for a while.

Jarco is another with a good reputation, there's also an ebay seller that still, all these years later, maintains a 100% feedback rating. I'd give one of them a shot, or one of our Vendors on here.

Toyotasupra16

Mar 17, 2010
Connecitcut
You should try Elite JDM theyre in PA there prices are alittle bit higher but they give you a clip of the engine running and i have never heard anything bad from them.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
I was just in JE today, they have 2 1JZ engines on pallets in the shop. I looked at one clip w/ an auto, the turbos were not mounted and I didn't ask about them. All you would need is a bell housing for the R154. They are in Baltimore-Rosedale off of Rt. 40-Pulaski Hwy. Phone# 410-686-5111

-Fred

1jzFreak

Jun 7, 2010
Punxsutawney
stay away from tiger they will rip you off and send you a soarer motor with fucked up shit on it and not do a damn thing about it, the guy hung up on me when i argued with him on the differences of a soarer and supra harness, i still wanna go to canada and beat his ass:: angry ::

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
roystunna;1679373 said:
^^^^interesting, i guess you dont need a $260 1jz flywheel to go with it too.....

Of course you would and depending on the condition of his clutch in his R154, probably a new clutch or a new clutch-flywheel combo=OS Giken. Then I'd add new motor mounts---if you want to add to the list on doing a good solid swap be my guest.

supra90turbo;1679374 said:
Driftmotion has a 1JZ clip in stock right now, and they're a vendor here. Double whammy.
Why gamble?

I've bought a number of parts from Aaron, both for the Supra and the SC 300, good service=good business.
I suggested JE because they are about 45 mins. from his house and have two on the shelf. Too me, it would be worth taking the drive, if nothing more than to see the work they are producing, IE. Club Lexus Forums-ISF. That owner drove down from Vermont.

JE has also been doing the major work on my build and I'm more than pleased.

The bottom line is that I knew of a shop that is close to his house that had a clip, made a suggestion and was trying to help.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
check out engine depot in kearny NJ or japanese engines. I've used them before they are pretty good. My friend got a 2jz from and my shop purchases reg honda and toyota engines from them and they are all working great in our customer cars

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
SWD Fredester 3;1679456 said:
The bottom line is that I knew of a shop that is close to his house that had a clip, made a suggestion and was trying to help.

No harm meant, Fred. It was in no way directed towards you, rather the others suggesting one shipped from Canada.
I didn't know the proximity of the shop in relation to the op, so that does make a fair bit of sense knowing that they're right there to drop it at the front doorstep should there be an issue. :bigthumb:

I just knew that DM had one, and they're not out to screw anyone, what with being a vendor and stuff.. lol