engine bearings

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I've used NDC's, FedMogul over 500rwhp with no issues, my Crank shop said NOT to use the ACL's for that power level as they don't do M engine bearings in the Race series and the garden variety have delamination issues.

Can't comment on others apart from I personally WOULDN'T use King bearings ever.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Clevite is mostly NDC in the std size and some undersize sets are fed-mog. Both are a good bearing. I would not used any other bearing but a clevite in any motor I build. The ndc std size clevite bearing are used in the worlds most powerfull 7m and the bearings look new still after many passes.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Been some reports of ACL's found in 77 boxes recently Rich, NDC's are a great bearing never had an issue with them that wasn't my fault and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

What I do have an issue with is if you're paying a premium for 77 technology which the NDC's just don't have, here at least NDC's in NDC boxes are cheaper than in 77 boxes don't know about there though.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Have not seen those ACL clevites yet, but lots of fed-mog. Mostly in the undersizes. I posted a pic too a while back of how the difference between the Australian NDC mains and Japan NDC mains differ. Ever since Mahle purchased clevite they have been using mosty the coated japan ndc mains. Whats next for Clevite?

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
IJ.;1517665 said:
King BiMetals :evil2:

Boy, I hope not.

Here is the pic again of the newer NDC design from japan on the left, vrs the older style from Australia on the right.

p1518665_1.jpg

p1518665_2.jpg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Wendigo;1567821 said:
1J...are you saying USE King Bearings? or should I be using Clevite77's? I'm not looking to make over 300HP

Suprarich:
does this Gasket set come with turbo gaskets?
http://www.sipracingmailorder.com/servlet/the-338/Cometic-Full-Gasket-Set/Detail

NO

it was sarcasm, Clevites will be a mystery box but they seem to be selecting from the higher end so will suit your 300rwhp goal, anyone going higher than that I'd suggest finding genuine NDC's as the ACL's aren't a good choice as they don't do their race series for M engines.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
What about Toyota bearings. I just ordered the 6 STD size bearings I needed, should I use the NDC bearings instead? I'll be going for 500whp

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
IJ.;1567930 said:
NO

it was sarcasm, Clevites will be a mystery box but they seem to be selecting from the higher end so will suit your 300rwhp goal, anyone going higher than that I'd suggest finding genuine NDC's as the ACL's aren't a good choice as they don't do their race series for M engines.

I wish they did. I've used them in Honda engines with good results.. Ian, go talk them into making the race series for our engines..They're right down the street from you aren't they?? haha

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
WhtMa71;1568213 said:
I wish they did. I've used them in Honda engines with good results.. Ian, go talk them into making the race series for our engines..They're right down the street from you aren't they?? haha

Don't have any contacts there any more, way back I got the guided tour after IDing an issue for them with a set of pistons :)