Energy Bushing kit problems

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
well i popped out my rear bushing, but when i went to install the new ones, i can't seem to find which one is the correct one. the only one that fits diameter wise will not fit both in the spindle. they stick out like 1/4" with both in.

are you supposed to trim these?

and what are the correct names for the no.1 and no.2 suspension arms?

energy calls them:

toe link
trailing link
lateral link

what is the correct names for these, and has anyone installed these?

i was under the impression it's called the rear "trailing link" which would be part number 2756, but it fits loosely inside the the spindle.

Last edited:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
48730A = lateral link
48710A = toe link
48780A = trailing link

MCR675.gif

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
The bushings will stick out a bit, use some of the grease supplied and lubricate the ends of them then slide them into the crossmember.

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
yeah, it's the bushings i thought it was, aside from the 1/4" sticking out on either side...........but if there's 1/4" on either side before it flares up, doesn't that mean it can move forward/backward? isn't that bad?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Ask funky_monkey58 how his went. Pretty much the same story. He even had to have a couple custom made ;)

Back on subject.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
92nsx;1369686 said:
Ask funky_monkey58 how his went. Pretty much the same story. He even had to have a couple custom made ;)
Back on subject.
I think he had bushings made to replace the spherical bearings, which are not supposed to be bushings. (part 42210 I think?)

I also think Nashman had to machine down one pair of bushings because of the length issue.

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
well the bushing in question is 48725.

it's in, it fits with the no.2 suspension arm over it, and bolt goes through and everything, but like i said, it would seem that the bushing can slide inside the spindle, and possibly change camber/toe

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
the energy kit is some what a pain in the ass the front end is easy as piss

the rear on the other hand lots of bushings need to be sanded down cause there just plain to thick on the out side maken them to tight to slip the arms into the channels

i used a belt sander you could all ways use lathe as well

the one i had to machine down was a mix up they gave the wrong bushing so i made it work

the front only go in one way as in the lower bushing

i have small wright up on how i did it with basic tools

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74680&page=19

post 183 is were i started the install

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
NashMan;1369966 said:
the energy kit is some what a pain in the ass the front end is easy as piss

the rear on the other hand lots of bushings need to be sanded down cause there just plain to thick on the out side maken them to tight to slip the arms into the channels

i used a belt sander you could all ways use lathe as well

the one i had to machine down was a mix up they gave the wrong bushing so i made it work

the front only go in one way as in the lower bushing

i have small wright up on how i did it with basic tools

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74680&page=19

post 183 is were i started the install

Have you guys contacted the sellers you bought these Energy bushings from? That what I would do, these bushings should be remove and replace, no custom work should be done to them. I would contact the seller so they can contact Energy Bushing. They need to fix these issues regardless if theyre small of big, these should be direct fit with no modificiation necessary.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I had no problem at all with my rear energy bushing kit. You didn't bend the subframe mounting location getting the old ones out, did you? Or maybe bent out of place by the previous owner/shop?

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
nothing is bent, they just hang out more than i thought they were supposed to.

my bushings fit in nice and tight, but just seem longer than they should be. hard to explain. maybe i'll post up a pic later.

whatever, i haven't driven my car in a week, i don't care, shit is going in, and i'm driving her tomorrow.

EDIT: DAMN IT! everything is in and good to go, but i just checked the weather, we're supposed to get 50mm of rain tomorrow........ah, scam. no fun to drive.

i've attached a rough mspaint image. hopefully everyone can understand.

Attachments

• bushing.jpg
    bushing.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: