EMS, FFI, Ford TB & ISC

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaitsme

Beach Bum
Mar 2, 2006
Cheatham County, TN
Hello Y'all -

I know I'm not the first to run the 86-93 Ford 5.0L throttle body in conjunction with a Front Facing Intake on their MkIII Supra.

I'm curious if any of y'all have used the Ford ISC on this setup.
I'm guessing it should be doable with the AEM EMS that'll be going in on this build.
The FFI I picked up doesn't have an ISC provision, but Ford's system is a simple 'butterfly opener' (for lack of a better term) in the throttle body itself - so it seems like a good option.

I was planning to just crank up the idle speed, grin & bear it ... but the more I think about this ... well ... I'd bet somebody around here has already figured this one out! If so, please - share!

Also, yes ... I've already put this up on the AEM messageboard.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
gixxer750 said:
Most ford throttle body's do have the idle speed motor on them.

hmm ok. the ones i get are aftermarket and just have the tps and plate for the egr. i never pretended to be a ford guy. i know nothin about the foreign cars :icon_razz

ok i gotcha. mine didnt have anything like that on there.

tbody1.jpg

darkspeed

Supramania Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
Montgomery, AL
www.pbase.com
I'm running a Mustang TB on my 6M. It has a simple IAC vs. the stepper design of Toyota. With Megasquirt it's easily configured; I'm sure it won't be a problem with your EMS.

My FF intake is horrid compared to yours, but here's a pic anyway:

large.jpg

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
ok it makes perfect sense now. i thought the flange on the tb was for the egr. its a good thing i stick to supras haha. my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.