EMISSION TIPS From LAMAROSSA

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
Well since the other thread was closed

We really need an official mk3 emission post

Im no expert but the last few days has been very educational.

Everyone has been helping me so .

I'll post my findings for everyone hoping that it will relieve some head aches.

Here are my Symtoms

89 supra. few bolt on mods

CAts and EGR

Failed becuase NOX was off the roof 2588 instead of 1676

*******UPDATE*******

My EGR valve was good, but I order a new one anyways because I thought it wasnt good.

NOX was high because the exhuast gas was not circulated back in to the intake for reburn

*** CHECKING EGR VALVE *******
Check EGR valve. Make sure it holds vaccum and pull the diaphram up and open the exhuast passage.

Also let the car idle , pull the vaccum hose going directly to the top of the EGR and suck on it..... The car should try to stall when the valve is open. That means that the EGR is working properly

If your EGR valve is working but the car doesnt stall

Here are your problems
* VSV solenoid is not good. Take it out and check it with 12V, You should hear it click and blow in the passage.

When voltage is applied to the VSV, the air passage should switch to the other one.

*Check to see if there are vaccum going to the EGR.

ON top of the egr is the vaccum modulator.

Take the line going to the modualtor from the VSV and put it in your mouth.

Run the car and slowly pull the throttle around 3k you should feel vaccum.

EGR most likely to be clogged with shit when you take it off. 2 12mm on the intake runners and 2 12mm on the intake side.

** if everything work but the car doesnt stall when vaccum is apllied to the EGR valve at idle.

***************READ BELOW*********************

here is the secret. Your intake plenum is clogg inside. The air passage from the side of the block where the EGR valve dump the exhuast gas is clogged.

Even though the EGR is functional, if the passage way in the intake is clogg. The car still will not stall.

Clean out the passge by blowing compress air in there. Take off the throttle body and clean the end of the passage. Pick all the gunk and shit out with a allen wrench or whatever fits and carb cleaner.

ALSO

Easiest way to removed and install EGR is to unbolt the neck of the EGR that runs to the intake from the body using a plier loosen 24 mm i think flange. Installing two piece is easier then trying to line up all 4 12 mm bolts

HOPE THIS HELP

ANYONE GOT ANYTHING ELSE ON EMISSION PLEASE TO POST HELP MK3 OWNers

CIAO

LAMAROSSA

and im drunk off my ass its 3:19 am hhahahahahahaha