Emilio's Rebuild & Improvement Build Thread

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Drew stopped by a cpuple night ago and we were alking about it. Make sure that the wire coming from the harness to the starter (it is a blue wire with a pig tail on it) is on the starter. He seams to remember it is not hooked up when I was showing him the harness off the 91 ;)

I know you have the tsrm but here is the best pic I can find of what I m talking about. It is at the bottom of the page. LOL there is only 2 wires that go the started.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=ST&P=3
Just make sure it didnt fall off. I have had that happen to me before

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
The wire was off - Sean was by the other day and popped it on while I was at work...

Car starts now and apparently he left it idling for ~20 minutes. I need to work out a couple little things, flush the oil, and things should be good to go!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
WHOO!!! great news to hear. I figured that was the problem when talking with Drew.

I just sent Greg a PM asking about MN supra's meet down at SS on either the 22 or 23 ;)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
+2 there must be some sort of update if your going to drive it down to SS tomorrow ;) You going to pick up the CC tomorrow morning?

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Okay guys, update time. The car works (and has been working) as my DD since Saturday (Sept. 26th), not missing a beat.

Just so anyone is reading this from the beginning, the current engine setup is:
JDM Block (from funky_monkey58 & leecheater)
Rebuilt CT-26
Stock HG with ARP studs
Fully rebuilt stock head (from original build)

After my stupefyingly long battle with engine problems, I can FINALLY move on to making the rest of the car nice again. I installed my hatch shade (it doesn't fit that well), rust-repaired my driver's side door, as well as put my gauges back in.

My current projects are to get the ABS and Cruise control working. I got the CC unit from Rob (92nsx), and started installing it, but it seems my wiring harness may be missing some provisions for it, and I'll have to look more closely at the parts car to see what I need exactly.

My ABS is currently giving a Code 33 (rear speed sensor). I replaced the sensor with the one from Sean's car (funky_monkey58), and the code didn't go away, so I'm thinking it's likely the abs sensor rotor in the transmission (I might have to hit up Rob for this, too).

So...here's some pictures, not much has changed, but it's worth seeing.
DSC00111.JPG

DSC00113.JPG

DSC00115.JPG

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
As for the ABS also double check the wires. Knowing you are missing some harnesses already (CC unit) something might not be hoked up. Did it used to work?

Also if you want the pass door from the red car, let me know. Since you bought your last one for $75, I will sell it to you for $60 just to piss off kelly.

I dont know why he didnt jump on it since it is the correct color for his car and his door has a HUGE rust hole in it.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
92nsx;1418699 said:
As for the ABS also double check the wires. Knowing you are missing some harnesses already (CC unit) something might not be hoked up. Did it used to work?

Also if you want the pass door from the red car, let me know. Since you bought your last one for $75, I will sell it to you for $60 just to piss off kelly.

I dont know why he didnt jump on it since it is the correct color for his car and his door has a HUGE rust hole in it.

You're right, I should go through the wires again, but it seems OK, the connector in the harness and such are there and in decent shape. The ABS never did work, been giving an error since I got the car.

I think I'll head down there soon and pick up that door from you, I need it and you have it, I'd be a fool not to.

(But my last one I got was $50. :icon_bigg)

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Well this weekend I plan on fully putting the Supra to rest for the winter. Right now it's just in my parent's garage, will be on jackstands this weekend, hopefully to figure out a few little problems and install a few parts.

More pictures to come.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
wow we all seem to have the same idea, dropped the coolant this last weekend, on stands in the garage right now, lots of parts on the way... more to be ordered on payday