emanage ?

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
noah89t;1178247 said:
does anyone here use the emanage blue with a wideband hooked to it for tuning?

Im prepping too. the only bad thing is, is that you cant use that feature, and the "optional Boost sensor" too. I guess ill cross that bridge when i get my new motor together, it seems like a really nice/convieniant idea, for when your datalogging. Just for refrence, im using a PLX SM-AFR, it seems like these products were made to be paired up.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
TheNewRed;1205137 said:
Im prepping too. the only bad thing is, is that you cant use that feature, and the "optional Boost sensor" too. I guess ill cross that bridge when i get my new motor together, it seems like a really nice/convieniant idea, for when your datalogging. Just for refrence, im using a PLX SM-AFR, it seems like these products were made to be paired up.

That's kool. I am also using the e-manage blue with the PLX-SM-AFR.
The PLX gives off the analog signal that is needed to log using the Emanage Blue. Its a pretty simple hookup, but yeah it would have been nice to use the Boost sensor and not one or the other.

Last edited:

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
suprastanger507mgte;1205143 said:
That's kool. I am also using the e-anage blue with the PLX-SM-AFR.
The PLX gives off the analog signal that is needed to log using the Emanage Blue. Its a pretty simple hookup, but yeah it would have been nice to use the Boost sensor and not one or the other.

LOL nice setup i do say ;). I've been meaning to see how well it works. Are you using the PLX 52mm gauge at the same time its hooked to the Emanage? Does the feature work pretty well, and have you used the boost sensor option at all?

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
suprastanger507mgte;1205143 said:
That's kool. I am also using the e-anage blue with the PLX-SM-AFR.

can you explain how you connected the wideband to the emangae? what you lost, and what harness did you buy for the install?

i have the AEM uego wideband and my emanage and profec e-01 each use their own boost pressure sensor, but i know i could buy the cable that combines the two.
someone told me to hook the wideband to the profec, but i don't know how it would data log.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
noah89t;1205856 said:
can you explain how you connected the wideband to the emangae? what you lost, and what harness did you buy for the install?

i have the AEM uego wideband and my emanage and profec e-01 each use their own boost pressure sensor, but i know i could buy the cable that combines the two.
someone told me to hook the wideband to the profec, but i don't know how it would data log.
Greddy sells this harness, its only $25 on MOHDparts.com. This harness plugs into the "boost" port. When you select the "Data Analysis" window it should pop up in real time display with check marks on the side. You should see checkmarks for RPM, throttle Position, AFM signal(in hertz), ect... and when you have this optional harness conected, you should have something like "boost" or "A/F"s, and when you click the check beside that option, the program assigns it it's own colored line, that flows along with RPM signal and such, on a horizontal, real-time line graph. It connects to our PLX boxes through an optional output port, that is used to send information to piggybacks, and stand-alones.

P.S. i have no clue if your AEM unit will work, as i have no experience with the product?

noah89t

which harness are you telling me about that mohdparts.com sells? i know they sell many harnesses. are you talking about the one to connect both pressure sensors, or another one?

the aem has an optional 0-5 volt wire (white) and a blue serial output wire. page 4
i am not using either, but i think i would use the white one and put in numbers for afr's coordinating to voltage. page 5
http://tunertools.com/prodimages/AEM/manual/AEM-30-4100-AFR-UEGO-instructions.pdf

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Its the emanage Air/Fuel input harness, and if the AEM unit has an output im sure it will work.
a-f_harness.jpg

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
noah89t;1206306 said:
what do you lose while using this harness? i'm guessing, pressure sensor for emanage.

are you using a profec e-01?

Correct, the "boost" port is accupied when the A/F harness is plugged in, therefor the boost sensor is not an option inless you unplug the A/F harness.

And no im not using the profec. Do you tune through the E-01, or can you?

noah89t

TheNewRed;1206393 said:
Correct, the "boost" port is accupied when the A/F harness is plugged in, therefor the boost sensor is not an option inless you unplug the A/F harness.

And no im not using the profec. Do you tune through the E-01, or can you?

i can tune through the profec e-01, and i do. the regular e-01 is only a boost controller. so do you always keep your a/f harness plugged in, or only while data logging? is you always keep it plugged in, how does the emanage see boost, and does it need to?

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
noah89t;1206657 said:
so do you always keep your a/f harness plugged in, or only while data logging? is you always keep it plugged in, how does the emanage see boost, and does it need to?

I actually havent ran the A/F harness, but i definetly plan to on the new motor. I've got a good bit of experience with the emanage, but just didnt feel the need to tie the two systems together. The emanage does not need to see boost. You can purchase the additional/optional boost sensor(w/ harness), or A/F harnesses, but neither are required. The boost sensor could be used if you wanted to stick with the stock AFM, and you exceed it's capabilities, or have an even "larger scale of adjustment" with the lexus unit, as Greddy states.

Andre

Feb 4, 2006
Netherlands
I am running an 1.5 JZ 6 speed single Turbo in my mk3

And i am using also the greddy emanage blue unit injector and ignition harness
and i am running the aem wideband for dataloging (sorry about my english people)

BUTT

I am feeding the a/f signal AND the boost sensor signal to run 22 psi of boost

Otherwise i canonly tune to 15 psi (stock map senor)

Thats wy i am using both (wideband signal and the boost sensor) to the greddy unit

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Andre;1209047 said:
I am feeding the a/f signal AND the boost sensor signal to run 22 psi of boost

How are you doing this? You are saying you are using greddy part # 16401301
and the A/F harness at the same time?

Andre

Feb 4, 2006
Netherlands
I will have to look at my car because i am running this setup for more the a year now

Butt iff i remember correct i am feeding the af signal to another port in the wiring harness self from the greddy unit

Because you can use the emange also for cars that has two air flow meters like V8 and V6

And the 1JZ you only use the map signal (one port) there are e few wires that you do not have to connect and i think i use one off them

Butt i wil have to check for 100 procent sure

here in holland its dark and cold now and i do not want to go outside to check its out :icon_bigg
So wired at the same time
stock map sensor
greddy boost sensor
A/f signal