Eliminating body trim

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
It's definitely a preference thing, I could honestly go either way on the look. I think some of it comes down to the colour of the car as well.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Haven't seen one proper looking MK3 with shaved trim. To pull it off properly, the front and rear bumpers would have to be molded to the car.

Bottom line: the moldings are part of the MK3's character. (Just like how the flip-up lights are part of the MK3's character.)

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
the BIC car is undoubtedly the best looking car with this modification.... still can't shake the feeling that something is wrong/missing when looking @ it

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
E
Dan_Gyoba;1897552 said:
That's what the guy with the blue car did. I don't like that though.

As i mentioned... i have not seen one proper looking shaved mk3

redrocco

QUADCAM
Feb 21, 2007
Rochester NY
How about the fiber glass trim from retro spec? Fiberglass should be much easier to paint and work with then the stock rubber trim. I remember that there were some members on hear who had some problems with the guys at retro spec but I don't remember the details. Maby the guys at shine auto would make you a set, It never hurts to ask.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
redrocco;1897627 said:
How about the fiber glass trim from retro spec? Fiberglass should be much easier to paint and work with then the stock rubber trim. I remember that there were some members on hear who had some problems with the guys at retro spec but I don't remember the details. Maby the guys at shine auto would make you a set, It never hurts to ask.

Making trim is not something Shine would do.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1897097 said:
The car was designed around that trim, so without it, it looks...odd.
Kind of like a 240sx.

Another MkIII;1897170 said:
o_O Dear God, that owner should drive that thing off a cliff.
-AM3
Speaking of things that look like a 240sx, this one does, and will probably be treated like one, so hey, your suggestion just might happen eventually. :p

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
this will never look right.. it's just too integral to the design, and the cars body lines are too sharp for it to look good.

that aside, the door is really what makes it super out of place, the front and rear fender areas don't bother me too much.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The door and rear fenders bother me the most. Especially where the bumper attaches. It just looks so wrong and out of place.. Ugh. And the gap between the bumper and tail lights..

Keep the trim!!!!!!!!!