Electromotive TOG and IOT

87targa

Nov 14, 2005
Utah
Got a question for anyone familiar with the Electromotive stuff. Working on a Tec GT unit. Correct me if I'm wrong. TOG is for WOT stuff maxing out a map sensor...so maximum pulse width at what ever the max 5v pressure reading is for a map sensor (let it be a 2 bar, 3 bar, 4 bar, etc). IOT shifts the pulse width graph up or down. So, I would imagine that one should go about finding the correct pulse width (TOG) for WOT at whatever boost pressure to obtain whatever AFR is needed with a zeroed out VE table (relative). Once that is done then mess with the IOT to get an AFR that is need for idle while adjusting the TOG the same amount but in reverse...IOT goes up .125 TOG goes down .125.

With the correct TOG and IOT, the VE table should be zero at idle and WOT. The VE table, I think, would look like a) a hill in the center or b) a pot hole in the center depending if fuel needs to be added or removed from part throttle region. I have worked with VE maps before and they don't look like this, not unless I've been doing VE tuning completely wrong. This does not make any sense to me since that means the engine has 100% VE at idle and at WOT. can't boosted engines exceed 100% VE while in boost and should VE during idle not be 100% VE?

It's almost like Electromotive is trying to make a complete boost comp map. Am I wrong?

Thanks for any input.