Electrical Problems (No Power!!)

MK-beast

May 26, 2007
Toronto
Hopefully I can get some much needed help here... having some electrical issues with my car that won't give me any power to anything!! Started when i took the car out of storage which was fine going in (and no one touched it for sure) I had no power and thought it was a dead battery which was replaced but still no power. My alternato, AM1 & AM2 fuses were good but I replaced them anyways but still no power.

The odd part is that i pulled the ecu wiring harness cause i thought it was something there but all the wires look ok. Placed everything back in place and i had power but the car would crank over... replaced the starter and the next day I'm back to square one with no power. Only other thing I haven't checked is if the car had a factory alarm which was disabled but I've never had an issue before with that. I've had the car for 10 years now without an issue and no "extensive" work was done on it before storage.

My interior is apart trying to chase the unknown currently but I'm stuck and don't know where else to look. Any help is much appreciated

Mods if I've posted in the wrong section or without permission please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

:nono:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Check the small wire on the positive battery terminal. It can look like it is ok but really under the insulation it's pulling apart.

MK-beast

May 26, 2007
Toronto
hvyman;2050636 said:
Check the small wire on the positive battery terminal. It can look like it is ok but really under the insulation it's pulling apart.

This was exactly the issue. Fixed it today and what do you know... runs like it did before! Under the insulation the wire broke off fixed and now no more issues!!

Thanks again guys for the much needed assistance!