Electrical Problem?

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Ok so ive been having this problem with my supra ever since i bought it. the car has a newer battery in it so i know its not bad. Well usually after 3-4 days the car doesnt start, as in no gauges or anything, even power door locks dont work, headlight motor goes up VERYYYY slowly. this is with the theft deterrent disarmed. i dont really lock the doors so it doesnt go on. im just curious as to why every 3 days or so the battery seems dead. if anyone would have an answer to that it would be helpful.

ZFast300Z

Trouble
Dec 15, 2007
Wisconsin
You can use a wire 2 gauge sizes smaller then the wiring in the circuit, to replace a fusible link. It offers some protection until a new fusible link can be had. I do not recommend it for extended periods of time though.

I have never had any luck with part store fusible links, and get all of mine directly from the OEM.

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
hmm idk i would rather want a permanent repair because i dont want my car to not start when im 45 miles away from home at night lol. how do you remove the fusible link though? it seems mine is stuck on there pretty good.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Something seems kinda fishy about this. Why would this cause your battery to die in three days, but be fine when you would drive it lets say everydayÉÉÉ

Sounds like parestic draw from something.

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
lol well i need to fix the fusible link first. idk whats causing the low battery thing, its like when i start it after 3 days the voltage meter reads below 10 and the car cranks slowly. has anyone removed the fusible link tho?

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
modmonster2008;1272271 said:
lol well i need to fix the fusible link first. idk whats causing the low battery thing, its like when i start it after 3 days the voltage meter reads below 10 and the car cranks slowly. has anyone removed the fusible link tho?

I have removed the fuseable link .... You gotta take the fuse box off the engine bay , Push out the section of fuses , & then you will see 2 1Omm bolts . Uddo them & replace .... its fairly simple .... Good luck