electrical problem, no power in cabin, HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
2 months ago i put on my music on blast(small amp and woofer at back), and the music was getting lower and lower, tried to start it and so start....pop hood and battery was leaking fluid so i installed a new battery hooked it up and nothing, had a meter to check ground chasis is good(sparked), postive end is good....
so dallas (89JDM7m) came over to my house helped me and decided it must be a fuse that went out....no power in the cabin...the meter clocked in about 13V on the battery.
any one has ne suggestions to what fuses it may be? or what should i be looking for, dallas is looking at elect. maps to see what fuses to look for...

yea...:cry:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Check the little wires coming off of the possitive battery cable. I had one that wasn't getting good contact but looked good by glancing at it... Just give them a little tug and see if they come out. It had me stumped for a bit.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
Check the little wires coming off of the possitive battery cable. I had one that wasn't getting good contact but looked good by glancing at it... Just give them a little tug and see if they come out. It had me stumped for a bit.

meter said it was fine...but i will be replacing!!

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Check your 100 amp ALT fuse in the engine bay (the box behind the battery)...it's held in with a screw. You didn't happen to hook the battery up backwards when you installed the new one...did ya?

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
no i didnt hook up the battery backwards.....
ill check the fuses i did that like 4 months ago and was fine, ill let u guys know tomorrow...

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
No insult implied Oliver ;) Trust me, there's been lot of people that have by accident...hope you find it.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
jdub said:
No insult implied Oliver ;) Trust me, there's been lot of people that have by accident...hope you find it.

oh i know it wasn't an insult jonh, i think the ... i made it seem that way hah i put ... on ne thing i say.

and there is no lights in the cabin, but getting power thru the wires and everything tho....
what fuses should i be checking for??
isnt there more fuses other than the one in the 100 amp ALT fuse in the engine bay (the box behind the battery)
i need to find the fuse that causing me not to have power in the cabin.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Does the car start? If it starts, do the gauges work?

What is and is not powered in the car...need to be specific. Electrical problems are difficult to diagnose anyway, online like this makes it even harder.

The fuse blocks are in the engine bay and under the drivers kick panel...check all the fuses. There are also circuit breakers under the kick panel as well...the TRSM tells how to reset a CB.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
no power in the whole cabin. no guages, no lights, nothing. so it has to be a fuse somehwere.... cuz battery is working.

thx for the info guys

oh yea and dallas call me b4 u come over to my house, incase im not there like last time, and oh yea did u call my friend for the job?

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
yeh...i called him... apparently i already got hired at an auto shop yesterday... found out this mornin...

nick said the job was part-time, like dec.-jan. :-/

just sayin, i'll be here for a good year and a helf, and i need a job for at least that long

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
89jdm7m said:
yeh...i called him... apparently i already got hired at an auto shop yesterday... found out this mornin...

nick said the job was part-time, like dec.-jan. :-/

just sayin, i'll be here for a good year and a helf, and i need a job for at least that long

okie thats cool, tell your other friends if they want the part time job...
what auto shop down here did u get hired at??? is it close by??

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Well...I can pretty much assure you it's not the rheostat ;)

Does the car start Oliver?

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
89jdm7m said:
yeh.... just lube n shit... sss auto wash by the benz dealer

the dealership on Va beach BLVD next to toyota checkered??
my uncles is the manager @ toyota :evil2: and 2 friends who work there:icon_bigg

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Ok...check the grounds from the battery to the block and chassis. There is also a set of grounds that attaches to the intake manifold outside on the #3 runner...make sure thes are clean and secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.