electrical issues

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
well i have a 88 GTE 5spd, and i just started to have my exterior lights not to work. i changed out 2 fuses and then it popped again on the highway. so today i took another look and popped 2 fuses and by the third time it doesnt turn on. only my head lights work, i checked relays and i even changed relays and nothing, at first when i hit the brakes all the lights turned on, but then it stopped, i was wondering if it could be the safety failure box in the trunk? when i looked at it, it was all when and guess that can be the problem, also i hear the relay click when i turn it to the parking lights, but nothing only head lights work, and tails when i hit the breaks, dash lights are off and every thing else still works

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
yea i was kinda assuming the box is what is messing it up, cause with the fused popped, i hit the brakes and all the lights turn on even the dash lights, plates, front parking lights

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

ok i forgot about SUPRAS.com, they have it on the tech info

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
well it didnt work, but now if i hit the brakes, all the lights turn on, but once i let go it shuts back off. i did find a wire burnt and i soldier it back

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
ok well the lights started to work when they feel like it now, i noticed after a few bumps white driving it will flash or turn off, not exactly sure why, but here is what got burnt on the fail box, not sure if this will be the problem

p1680429_1.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

and heres another pic, i already soldiered it good, this was from yesterday

p1680429_2.jpg