electrical issue

ndial2498

Jun 3, 2008
Medford
so about a month ago i started to have a issue with my car not wanting to turn over. Its like the battery was dying, so i thought that since ive had this battery since i bought the car it was time for a new one. So i got a optima, after about a day that thing was dead. so maybe my alternator? got a new one same issue. Ive pulled every fuse in the motor and in the kick panel. And i'am still showing that there is a short. Anybody have any idea's of the next place for me to look?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
well I have one but it is going to be time consuming.

In the engine bay. You have a fuse box that is close to the battery. You will have to disassemble that fuse box and look at the wires and particularly a ground wire.

micahwc

Nov 30, 2007
Johnson city, TN
I had the same symptoms, turned out to be a combination of two bad ground wires (1 of which had burnt all the way through the insulation), 1 loose battery cable, , and a CPS wire which needed to be soldered back together.

Check the wires going into your CPS, make sure all of your battery cables are tight on each end, and check your ground wires to make sure they are all good. Took me about six months to find everything, and about 15 minutes to fix.

ndial2498

Jun 3, 2008
Medford
Ive got about 4 hours in trying to track this down, i checked every engine ground and ground in the engine bay i can find they all look good. this weekend iam tearing into it fuse box and all my battery cables will be looked at i'll give u guys a update then, Turns out iam getting a code 51? is this significant?

Last edited: