ELECTRICAL HELP!

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
pres6;920412 said:
do your self a favor and wire in a new ground wire from the battery neg to body, and from engine block to body.. still nothing?
this just has that grounding issue feel to it..
BTW, if you blew the original fusible link, there was something wrong with the electrical to begin with, if you replaced it with regular wire there is no telling what else it burned up when you were driving it.

if its me tho, i am going the through the entire engine bay and busting loose all the grounds and re-tightening them, other than that, start swapping parts.

Good advice about the grounds^^^Don't agree with "just start swaping out parts". More money to maybe fix it, more aggrevation when the money you spend doesn't fix it. Better to buy a cheap multimeter and start checking things out at least to narrow things down a bit. The TSRM gives you the values you should have on I believe all the sensors. Not to hard to figure out and elimate possible problems and save yourself some money, the sensors can get expensive.

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
Have you had any problems with the alarm system? I had a problem where the car would not crank by the key, but I could jump the starter solenoid and it would start right up. It was the starter kill circuit on the alarm. If you have the origional owner's manual, it tells you how to disable the starter kill. Just a thought. It might be something completely different.