Electric Fan

Nopaint

Jan 30, 2007
GA
Ok this might sound like a noob question... I want to run electric fans but my main concern is the Hydraulic fan lines that run into the water pump housing. Do I need a new water pump? Or just leave those lines open?

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
yes you will need the whole 2JZ manual fan water pump assembly.

just dont put the clutch fan on it and run an efan

cause the hydrofan the pump is cooled by the oil flow, but it wont flow so it will burn up FAST

Nopaint

Jan 30, 2007
GA
Thanks fellas!! Would I have to use the 2JZ pulley along with the water pump, or would the 1J work? And I've also used a Taurus E-fan on my 240. Works great!

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
haha, speaking of fans, my relay burnt out last night. Damn autozone $4.25 relays. I need to find something better then the crap they sell, they only last 2-3 months.

Luckly with a mkiv TT rad and a single non-watercooled turbo.. I didn't even realize the fan stopped working til i got home after work and didn't hear it spin down with the car off. As far as I know, it could have been not working for a few days lol.

Derek1224

2 Turbos, 1JZ, No Equal
Nov 25, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
I've been wondering... I traced the lines off the Hydro fan on my car and it seems to go to the PS rack as well as a seperate PS pump on the passenger side of the car (driver side on JDM JZA's) and through a cooler infront of my IC. If I was to go Electric fan I guess I'd be needing to plug off or loop all those lines off the rack as well as remove the Pump for the hydro fan... Correct?