Electric converted 2000GT

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
http://www.topgear.com.ph/news//toyota-turns-classic-2000gt-into-electric-vehicle

I'm still not quite sure how I feel about this... if it were a replica, a one-off Toyota made, or one that was in "either convert it or scrap it" condition, I would be ok with it. As is though, taking a 2000gt and converting it to an EV for no other reason than just because? Makes me sad... yeah it might be better performing, more environmentally friendly, etc, etc, but it still makes me sad. :nono:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I am lost for words

so what they made an old car into an ev fuck I could do that 90 ceilca

this is why toyota is shit now there head are in the clouds

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
As much as it pains me that they ruined it...I'd still drive it. It's technically more powerful then the original as well...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I think it looks gorgeous. I love the lines of the original 2000GT and that car is like a modernized 2000GT. I would LOVE to see a modernized version put into production with the exact same body on the outside with modern interior, electrics, a modern engine... :drool:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Pretty cool! I'll take a solar powered Supra that can go 200mph.

[video=youtube;PqqOFPYgwAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqqOFPYgwAw&hd=1[/video]

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprarx7nut;1796107 said:
I think it looks gorgeous. I love the lines of the original 2000GT and that car is like a modernized 2000GT. I would LOVE to see a modernized version put into production with the exact same body on the outside with modern interior, electrics, a modern engine... :drool:
Eh, with all the "safety" regulations out there now, you'd never be able to market such a car in any sort of mass quantity... stupid Nanny state. :nono:

I like the idea though. Car would be an ideal candidate for a 5/6m or 7m swap, provided you carbed it...

rodel;1796123 said:
Pretty cool! I'll take a solar powered Supra that can go 200mph.
It would work if you lived in one of those sunny places...

Sad this one IS technically more powerful, but I don't think I could live without the sound. :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The more I look at it, the more I think that every single modification could be reversed...

I did kind of like that you could change whatever sound it makes. In one part they have it sounding like a Tron Lightcycle :D