Egr...

BoostJunkie

Nov 27, 2008
Clarksville, TN
Is it ok to remove it? Bad to remove? Will the car live without it? Found some info on here just checking to see if anyone took it out and is not having problems or Is having problems.

SupraDrew

Apr 27, 2007
South Texas
My experence is with a stock ECU and hks VPC. I made 400rwhp, i have not had any problems running with no EGR. I have alot of other mods also.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
SupraDrew;1244598 said:
My experence is with a stock ECU and hks VPC. I made 400rwhp, i have not had any problems running with no EGR. I have alot of other mods also.

Have you ever blown a HG with no EGR?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I don't see the point in removing it, since it doesn't interfere with WOT situations, and keeps your engine cooler. ANYTHING that helps the engine run cooler is a good thing IMO.

BoostJunkie

Nov 27, 2008
Clarksville, TN
Well, I guess it will stay. I was just asking because sometimes I find two different stories about things. Just a little bit ago I asked about torque on a headgasket because I searched and found three different answers.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
BoostJunkie;1244984 said:
Well, I guess it will stay. I was just asking because sometimes I find two different stories about things. Just a little bit ago I asked about torque on a headgasket because I searched and found three different answers.

One piece of advice...believe the posts that have basis in fact. "I heard", "I do it", "my brother-in-law's cousin does it", "I've never had a problem doing it", etc should be highly suspect. There are people on SM that have been working on engines for a long time and have reasons for what they do. It doesn't take much to figure out who they are ;)