egr delete, anyone?

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
thinkin of doing a egr delete, anyone know a good thread i can reference off of? also the positive and negative effects? doesnt throw a check engine light does it? doese it throw any code?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Sigh...

We have a saying around here, which is "the search police don't live here"... But sometimes issues come up that have been beat to death so much it's almost ridiculous.

To read threads on this topic, you can use google site search to dig them all up:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=remove+egr+site:supramania.com

The cliff notes are:

The USDM ECU was designed with the EGR system in mind. As such, when you remove the EGR, you throw the tune off on the car, so if you're running a USDM ECU, you should run the EGR system.

The JDM ECU was designed without the EGR system in mind. As such it has no support for EGR, and if you're running a JDM ECU you should not run the EGR system.

Outside of that you're going to get a lot of commentary about passing emissions, polluting, etc.

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
mucho gracias! so either find a jdm brain or keep the egr? read up on that thread, sounds like more trouble than its worth. thanks for the help. i will do more research before i ask dumb questions next time. ps, whos the search police?