Eds 1UZ V8 Supra HPI & v-eight.com Photoshoot

ed_jza80

Aug 11, 2008
Sydney
Hi guys...

first post this side of the net. i used to lurk here a lot ages ago when i was building my old 7m, i was then going to build an NA 2jz screamer, but instead went with the 1uz. now i know you guys spend most of your time dribling over the mkiii, but i figured some of you might like this thing since its got a uz in it, and quite a few ma70's seem to be going that way around here. so yeah, im not sure if any of you have caught wind of this over the last couple of years, but seeing as ive finally finished this sucker (well at leat for now anyway!) i thought id chuck up a quick post and say hi, and just take a sec to show off the piece-o-crap thats sucked my spare time and wallet dry over that time.

and so... i finally got my shit together for long enough to organise a photoshoot for an article in HPI ( http://www.hpi.com.au )

a lot of effort has gone into getting this thing to a stage where this was possible, and a quick round of thanks to the many hands involved in helping make this car and engine what it is today. specific mention goes to linden @ roadrunner fabrications, jase @ jmr fabrications, matt @ motor2000 smash repairs, justin and his garage, and the fistfuls of people who've helped in so many ways to weed out the bugs, and lend a hand when the shit's been hitting the fan. also, kudos to 'work wheels' aust/nz for the excellent deal on the set of XT7's seen on the car today

the specs of this car are strewn across many bits of teh intahwebs, but the nuts and bolts of it are as follows:

1994 jza80
2000 1uz vvti engine
4.0L 11.8:1 naturally aspirated
ITBs, big cams, big pipes
about 420rwhp @ 9500rpm

if anyone wanst any specifics please let me know, id me happy to fill in the blanks :)

im not sure when the article will hit the pages of HPI but ill keep an eye out and give folks a heads up. the photos below are mine, shooting from besides/behind the 'proper' photographer. now i did fuckup and i didnt realise i had the ISO set on 800 from the last time i was out with the camera. sorry for the horrific graininess!! ill get a copy of the photographer's images once the article has gone to print apparently

hpi_photoshoot_aug09_0001.jpg

hpi_photoshoot_aug09_0002.jpg

hpi_photoshoot_aug09_0003.jpg

hpi_photoshoot_aug09_0004.jpg

hpi_photoshoot_aug09_0005.jpg

for full information on the engine build, as well as specific and accurate 1UZ and 2UZ tech info please check out http://www.v-eight.com ive got a 4.6L +600hp engine in the works at present to replace the current block.

cheers guys
ed

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Mmm that is gorgeous :) i dont get to touch many MKIII's anymore its all about the trucks now hehe i would love to do a 1uz

standalone ecu?

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
wow ed! I knew you were doing this, but didn't know to what extend. Fantastic work man. the be recognized by a magazine like HPI is a great way to punctuate your hard work. That thing sounds and looks like a full blown race car on the track. excellent!

Thanks for your advice with the 7mge, I did end up finishing my build with it aswell!