Ecu/tps help needed

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Ok so here is my problem, I have a code 51, which I've narrowed down to the wiring of the tps somewhere in the mix, I need to know which pins on an 89+ turbo 5speed ecu go to the tps, because I need to figure this out, car runs fine oddly, so it's no t a huge deal but still needs to be addressed

Thank you ahead of time for any and all help

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Nope no ac, already thought of that and even checked the ac fuse that controls those parts, it's behind the pass kick panel, none of these helped, I've tracked down the two main wires to do with the tps, and simply cannot figure out where the problem is, I have an older safc 2, would you think where it's spliced in could Be causing issues? I have plenty of room to disconnect and resplice

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Just thought of something, I have the ecu controls inside the car but I have nothing at all ac under the hood, would the absence of the ac equipment be throwing this code? If so could I jumper a plug somewhere under hood to remedy the issue?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Last i remember when you have no ac you always have 51. It was like that on my old na at least and that engine ran perfect always.

As long as the afc is connected in the right spots your fine. Older newer doesnt matter.

If there is no shorts or opens in the wiring then your wiring is fine.