ECU, Deceleration, and You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
jetjock;1006750 said:
Dan: Everything I said refers to how decel cut normally operates, not when doing the TSRM test.

Stop being an idiot. I'm not stating opinion, I'm stating facts based on factory documentation backed up by metrology. Measuring what happens under these conditions may be far beyond your abilities but it's a cake walk for me. That and I own gear that can "run" the ECU in any configuration I choose whether on or off the car. Not to mention decel fuel cut in some form has been an emissions strategy employed in just about every injected engine for the last 25 or so years. Bottom line is you ought to stfu unless you know what you're talking about. I know things about this box many here would love to learn but I hold back because of people like you.

And i think you are one of those people that think they know everything about everything.. And im quite sure you have more faults then most of us.. One including the size of your Head...
And im quit sure you have never made a mistake in your life.. and would have to jump off bridge if you did because you just could not live with your self..
Im so glad you are perfect...

PS: btw can i see some documentation of this and not just your word that the ecu turns the fuel off on deleceration...??

Last edited:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Hommer - it does...page 82:
Fuel injection resumes when engine speed falls below a certain RPM or the TB is opened.

JJ is just telling it like it is...sorry it doesn't jive with what you think.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
jdub;1010228 said:
Hommer - it does...page 82:
Fuel injection resumes when engine speed falls below a certain RPM or the TB is opened.

[thumb]http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/4/10419461730.jpg[/thumb]

JJ is just telling it like it is...sorry it doesn't jive with what you think.

Its not that it doesnt JIVE with me.. I have just leaned over the years that people that ACT like they know "everything" and are RUDE about the way they respond.. Usally dont know anywere as much as they claim...
If he handled himself in a more respectfull way then he would get more respect...Plus he just does not like me and has made a point to respond to every post i make...and call me names...

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Hommer - In JJ's case, he has this manual and others that go into even greater detail on how the TCCS works. If JJ tells you that the ECU does this because of that, I can give you a 100% assurance that it is true. Your perception of the way others "act" concerning knowledge is in no way correct as it applies to JJ. If you had been on SM longer, you would realize that...if you think about it:

HommerSimpson;1005167 said:
disregard what i said.. obviously i had no clue

Combined with:

HommerSimpson;1006179 said:
beacause i did not think the fuel and spark was cut.. still dont either.. or you would have backfires out the ass

Is completely wrong...what did you expect when you flat refused to try and understand?

Here's some light reading for you to get the basics:
http://www.autoshop101.com/

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
jdub;1010237 said:
Hommer - In JJ's case, he has this manual and others that go into even greater detail on how the TCCS works. If JJ tells you that the ECU does this because of that, I can give you a 100% assurance that it is true. Your perception of the way others "act" concerning knowledge is in no way correct as it applies to JJ. If you had been on SM longer, you would realize that...if you think about it:

Combined with:

Is completely wrong...what did you expect when you flat refused to try and understand?

Here's some light reading for you to get the basics:
http://www.autoshop101.com/

Look it makes no diferance.. JJ is RUDE and has a very little respect for people as he IMHO acts like hes BETTER and KNOWS more then everyone...
Im not telling anyone that he is wrong.. OBVIOUSLY he does know quite abit.. other then tire sizes...:}

adicken1

The Man!
Jan 17, 2008
Memphis
^^^ JDub, that's excellent reading, practically all inclusive. Question - do you by chance have a link to info on more performance related operation and theory. Everything from stroking to forced induction to NOS and water/meth?

Thanks -

Andrew

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
HommerSimpson;1010244 said:
Look it makes no diferance.. JJ is RUDE and has a very little respect for people as he IMHO acts like hes BETTER and KNOWS more then everyone...
Im not telling anyone that he is wrong.. OBVIOUSLY he does know quite abit.. other then tire sizes...:}

Well, that's your perception...it's shared by a couple others here too. The ones that don't like it when they are bluntly told they are flat wrong. You need to understand JJ does not "candy coat" what he says. Makes me wonder who actually has the problem...a question you may want to ask yourself.

This needs to get back on topic...enough has been said. If you have a problem, PM me.

Andrew - I'll have to look. Google is your friend though ;)

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
jdub;1010250 said:
Well, that's your perception...it's shared by a couple others here too. The ones that don't like it when they are bluntly told they are flat wrong. You need to understand JJ does not "candy coat" what he says. Makes me wonder who actually has the problem...a question you may want to ask yourself.

This needs to get back on topic...enough has been said. If you have a problem, PM me.

Ok back on subject..
Does same apply for automatics ? say im doing 4k in overdrive or 4th or what ever gear and I let off the gass..
The injector pulse stops compleatly ?
Fuel pump stops running ?
No spark ?

adicken1

The Man!
Jan 17, 2008
Memphis
HommerSimpson;1010244 said:

Hommer, give this a try.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20163

(JDub Edit: Like I said, enough...stay on topic)

Just my 2 cents.

- Andrew :bigthumb:

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
jetjock said:
Dan has it right except ignition is not killed and the cut off and resumption speeds are not fixed. They're higher when the coolant temp is low or the AC on. Without going into detail the relevant signals used in the cut off calculation are IDL, engine speed (NE), coolant temp, AC on, and vehicle speed with IDL and NE having the highest priority.

This is correct. An automatic handles it the same way...the ECU halts fuel injecton completely. The pump continues to run...fuel is simply returned to the tank.

adicken1

The Man!
Jan 17, 2008
Memphis
jdub;1010250 said:

Google definately is, I was just wondering if you had anything handy. If not its no problem. A one stop shop is just always wonderful.

- Andrew :bigthumb:

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
My goodness. Hommer, you're not even worth responding to other than to say this: I don't dislike you and I don't reply to every post you make. I would if I didn't like you but frankly I couldn't care less about you or what you think of me. You're just another faceless name on an Internet forum. In fact that's true of just about everyone here. I couldn't give a rat's ass about 98% of them. Honestly.

Now it's true I don't think you're very bright about this stuff and a lot of people here agree. The difference between most of them and me is I'll say it. Your problem is you seem to feel it's our fault you aren't very bright or that it's our fault for *thinking* you aren't very bright. It's not of course. It's because you've chosen to go through life thus far putting no effort into become otherwise. Considering your age there's very little excuse for that.

Finally, if you or anyone else doesn't like what I have to say they have two options 1) Put me on your ignore list (God knows how many are on mine) or 2) Take it up with the management. However, rest assured I will continue to correct your misinformation when and where I see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.