ECU Coolant Sensor

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Anyone know the part number for the part labelled as "ECU Coolant Sensor" in the pic below. For some reason I can't find it in the TSRM. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong section! :dunno:

I snapped mine and need to replace it.

Thanks in advance!

Ron

Attachments

• Thermo Housing..jpg
    Thermo Housing..jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 127

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Thanks Nuggets. That does look like it, however it is labelled as the Water Temperature Sensor for EFI. I want to make sure its right before I order a ~$50 part.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
SupraRon;1589071 said:
Thanks Nuggets. That does look like it, however it is labelled as the Water Temperature Sensor for EFI. I want to make sure its right before I order a ~$50 part.

To explain that:
We don't use water. we use coolant. Toyota just calls it that way for some odd reason.
EFI stands for electronic fuel injecton. That part is done by the ECU. Therefore, when talking EFI we're talking ECU.
Last but not least: While the picture says ""ECU Coolant Sensor", We put coolant into our engines, we don't put coolant into our ecu's. So there is no coolant to check for excessive heat in the ecu. :D

So "ecu coolant sensor" translates to Water Temperature Sensor for EFI just fine.
That's the part you need. Nuggets is right. ;)

Last edited:

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada

To explain that:
We don't use water. we use coolant. Toyota just calls it that way for some odd reason.
EFI stands for electronic fuel injecton. That part is done by the ECU. Therefore, when talking EFI we're talking ECU.
Last but not least: While the picture says ""ECU Coolant Sensor", We put coolant into our engines, we don't put coolant into our ecu's. So there is no coolant to check for excessive heat in the ecu. :D

So "ecu coolant sensor" translates to Water Temperature Sensor for EFI just fine.
That's the part you need. Nuggets is right. ;)

Excellent explanation. Thanks for that. And thanks to everyone else. :D

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
I just LOL'd. Toyota here charges $87. Gonna check with Champion.

edit:

Decided to order it from Driftmotion as I needed to order something else from them.

Here it is if anyone else needs to order it:

Coolant temp ECU sensor 7M/2JZ 89-up

Pic attached:

dlgateway..gif

Last edited:

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
ok quick possibly stupid question. I know this is unlikely but after checking EVERYTHING im clutching at straws here , so ..I stumbled accross this :

"When my coolant temp sensor was going I was getting what looked
like white smoke from the exahust during idle only... revving it would
go away. So I decided to smell the white smoke and it didn't smell like
coolant at all but it did smell like gas. Turns out the bad temp. sensor
causes it to run rich."

is it possible that my coolant temp sensor is f*cked and I simply need to replace mine ?