ebony supra project. lowering it and paint. Lots of pics

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
You have done some great work with the car.

I'm not sure if its you camera or what but the black paint looks cloudy and flat.
There are shiny parts of the car and dull looking areas at some angles. Do you see what I'm seeing?
Have you cut and buffed the paint yet?

cwd

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
spinningheadboy;1831053 said:
I'm not sure if its you camera or what but the black paint looks cloudy and flat.
There are shiny parts of the car and dull looking areas at some angles. Do you see what I'm seeing?

cwd

I thought I was seeing the same thing.... dry spray?

not to take anything away from your accomplishment though....

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
spinningheadboy;1831053 said:
You have done some great work with the car.

cwd

No sir i never did that is definitely why it looks like that. I think the term is called laziness. This was last summer so in a couple of weeks i'm gonna finally wet sand it. I've read places where it has said basically a year is too long and i should paint again and then i have talked to some people and they said that it should be fine. So i'm gonna wet sand it and hope for the best and if it doesn't come out right then ill paint it again and this time cut and buff. But thank you guys for the feedback i really have done a lot of work on my baby and nobody will appreciate any work on it like another supra owner. She is far from done

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
good job the car looks alot better and i like the rims

i think since your wingless you could use a sunshade and 89+ tails

nrdriver

Mar 2, 2012
salem oregon
i saw the same thing with the paint but she lookin a hell of alot better. wet sanding and hours of tedious prep work will do you wonders and dont forget about plenty of ventilation :)

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
new steel brake lines installed. Now im just waiting for wes over at beech to ship my end links so i can put in my sway bars
p1834676_1.jpg

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
ryansmith;1834684 said:
great work hopefully my sway bars come soon, post pics of the install

I most definitely will. Wes said he would ship out the end links today so hopefully I get them soon. Which bars did you get I got the st bars. I got them for 330 including shipping on amazon.. I found them later for 225 at titan motorsports. Fack.... Oh well

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
Ok man what a month... i installed stainless steel brake lines, st sway bars, beech adjustable end links, a new koyo rad and this week alone i bought 89 tails, 88 fogs and the three piece wing which ill be putting in when i paint the car and ill be painting the car as soon as i get my shine auto spec g bumper. ill try to put these pics in some kind of order...

my new lines, they are goodridge
p1839780_1.jpg

p1839780_2.jpg

sway bars and end links..
p1839780_3.jpg

p1839780_4.jpg

old rad out..
p1839780_5.jpg

new koyo in..
p1839780_6.jpg

p1839780_7.jpg

p1839780_8.jpg

and some random pics...

the only sticker i plan on ever putting on my supra..
p1839780_9.jpg

p1839780_10.jpg

p1839780_11.jpg

p1839780_12.jpg

rocks, my buddy
p1839780_13.jpg

and this awesome old man sold me my 89 tails fogs and three piece wing and no not off of his car.
p1839780_14.jpg

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
nice, i plan on going with those sway bars in the future

and thats the same radiator that i bought a while back its doing fine here just not to fond of the plastic end tanks but maybe i'll upgrade later on

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
ryansmith;1839794 said:
I should be receiving my sway bars and suspension soon, what are the sway bars like to replace in a supra? looking forward to it

Pretty easy actually It was just a pain to remove the stock end links because of coarse the Allen head on them are always rusted. I had to cut mine off with a grinder. I believe if you use an impact gun they should come right off but I don't have access to one. But other than that the bars come right off and go right in. The bars only come with new rear brackets you have to reuse your front ones so remember that.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
berto22;1839851 said:
Pretty easy actually It was just a pain to remove the stock end links because of coarse the Allen head on them are always rusted. I had to cut mine off with a grinder. I believe if you use an impact gun they should come right off but I don't have access to one. But other than that the bars come right off and go right in. The bars only come with new rear brackets you have to reuse your front ones so remember that.

Cool I will remember, thanks for the feedback. Damn, the supplier was made redundant I am hoping my order will still come into the country :(
If not the long wait was for nothing, keep it up.

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
ryansmith;1840077 said:
Cool I will remember, thanks for the feedback. Damn, the supplier was made redundant I am hoping my order will still come into the country :(
If not the long wait was for nothing, keep it up.

New Zealand huh? wow, its crazy how are cars are everywhere in the world. Good luck with your parts man...

i ordered my front bumper from shine auto today. They dont have any in stock, they said it will take about a week to make. I am excited like a little girl. That is the last piece i need before i can paint my car.

All the parts that are waiting to be installed :)
89+ wing. 89+ tails, fogs, ebc brake pads,
p1841280_1.jpg