EBC - not noob questions

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
http://www.supramania.com/forums/co...an-Electronic-Boost-Controller-(EBC)-to-a-1JZ

First off I have a turbosmart e-boost-1 controller. I also read the above link for a guide line.

My first question is, I have an aftermarket BOV with my intercooler but would I still need to go out of both sides of the turbos to get equal boost unless I convert to a single waste gate off of my twins? I guess I'm kind of answering my own question but I'm confused as to how the turbos dump together but can't be controlled from the same line together.

My second question is, does any one know approximately what the duty cycle converts to boost by previous experience or should I just keep going by increments and self-learning. I understand each turbo is different but I'm sure someone is running a relevant set-up. I mean another day of fine tuning and it will be where I want just was looking for a possible guidelines as I ran out of time before my bloody curfew.

p.s. they are newb questions but I just wanted a quick response :p oh and I'm sure they will help some members. I read the instructions on what each function does so I understand but I'm having grey areas.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
ahh fuck me your right this should be in 1jz technical, I'm half asleep I got college in the morning hopefully a mod catches it and moves it so I get some help.

mise well add this in: does the e-brake light come on if the rear brakes are low? I wasn't sure our cars had a sensor but it's been on and my brakes do need replacing.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
okay so twist the resevoir cap and I'll correct my gain gotachha!!??!

lol I pretty much figured out 45-60 is where I want my duty on twins with my bigger injectors, gate pressure I'm still trying to perfect and the sensitivity I left at the stock 20, no spikes so not going to bother tweaking that. It says to leave it at about 5 pounds under where my boost is, but when I run more then 5lbs on the GP my boost backs off once it peaks, I'm guessing this is because its being ran off one wastegate instead of two so it's incorrect

I was just unsure if it was maybe my parking brake on the outs, I thought our brakes just had squealers as last year my front breaks were on the outs and they just made the screech noise before I changed them.