Ebay find: Should we buy this car to save it from further "customization"?

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
"The seats are TAN CLOTH"

Yeah....that looks like it's tan to me....if tan is a new word for "blue".

"The initial indication from our lot personnel is that the ENGINE IS MISSING PARTS AND is non functional"

Hmmmm, maybe the fact that it's missing the turbo and all the intake plumbing is a good indication that it's missing parts.....no kidding...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Supracentral;1805620 said:
We should start a donation drive, buy it, pour 5 gallons of gasoline on it, burn it and publish the video on YouTube...
I'd pitch in $20 if it hadn't already sold... What do you think the odds are we'll be seeing the new owner on here? :p

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
kill-it-with-fire-demotivational-poster-1235695993.jpg

veedubin

Official SM Decals
I can't get a very detailed pic of the engine bay, but it looks like it has a V-Band down pipe, indicating upgraded snail at one point. Upper Intake looks undisturbed and fuel rail looks to be there, so the potential for upgraded injectors is high. R154 - yup. Sort of looks like an HKS exhaust sytem (not that great at identifying exhaust sytems.) orf at least the muffler does. I could be worng, but is the HVAC box missing? And also, what's in the trunk? maybey the rest of the peices.... I would have bought this and stripped it to a shell... Too many parts on there I could use/sell

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
Supracentral;1805620 said:
We should start a donation drive, buy it, pour 5 gallons of gasoline on it, burn it and publish the video on YouTube...

Agreed. Almost cried looking at the ad.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
The vehicle is equipped with a 4cyl engine and AUTOMATIC transmission. The odometer shows 113,638 miles. It’s fairly well equipped with most of the options. The seats are GRAY CLOTH and appear to be in decent condition, although a good detail will make a huge difference. The exterior of the car is RED and is showing signs of wear and is faded. It has a few door dings and scratches. The tires appear to have roughly 20% plus road life left. Please refer to the photos included in this auction for more description details.

THIS VEHICLE DOES NOT HAVE A BATTERY,

THIS VEHICLE APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT AND HAS FRONT END DAMAGE.

This vehicle does not run and drive. The initial indication from our lot personnel is that the ENGINE is non functional and needs replacing, however, this is purely speculation

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...8475235?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35b9ae4f63

No possible way that the 20% tread tires had ANYTHING to do with that crash.

hidenplanvew

Feb 4, 2012
Colorado
That guy sure does have a ummmm "way with words" lol ... Apears to have a few door dings and scratches... Apears to have been in an accident lol lol lol

That car is totaled