Ebay DSM Auto X

88-7MGTE

Me and my buddy decided to build a fun Auto X car, so basically we don't want to crash our cars his 03 M3 mine 88 build 7m. So we decided to split the cost in half 50/50 we bought from copart.com 98 easgle talon turbo awd :)

So until we get the car delivered from IL we are gathering new hopefully improved parts, why i said hopefully improved, well, because they are all coming from Ebay, to keep the cost at minimum. We will be testing the car since we are not going to build the 4g63 all we want is MHG, some ARP Head bolts, get the car as light as possible and SAFE! so we are building a 8 point roll cage we will be installing some cheap bucket seats, 4 point harness, and Kumho v710 225/45/16 R compound tires, n1 Cat Back Flat black paint :evil2:
I will try to keep this thread updated our first autoX 6/5/10
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=11554

Lets hope we make it in time.

We are in to beat some STI's and evos. Any ideas tat would help us achieve this goal please let us know thanks.

Attachments

• dsm2..jpg
    dsm2..jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 15
  • dsm4..jpg
    dsm4..jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 17
  • dsm5..jpg
    dsm5..jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 20
  • dsm1..jpg
    dsm1..jpg
    93 KB · Views: 15
  • dsm3..jpg
    dsm3..jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 17

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
NICE, ive always wanted to do something like that with one of my spare supra shells.
mind if i ask how much u guys picked up the TSI for?

88-7MGTE

87mk111;1572256 said:
i think you can gwet an evo turbo and injectors for faily cheap to gain some power

You know maybe which model evo? There is so many evos out there these days.
I am also looking not to blow the motor to quickly, not in mood to do a rebuild plus no extra money for that.
We just want to make it kinda reliable, but if you know what injectors you are talking about and turbo i would be glad to look at it, maybe well go for it in the future.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
It would be from the USDM Evo 8 and 9. They had the 20g turbo and 560cc injectors. I've heard the injectors are fairly cheap at Autozone. Hope that helps.

philly mkIII

Jan 3, 2008
philly pa
Check the bottom end. I've owned a 95 Tsi awd and a 96 Tsi awd. And experienced crankwalk with both of them. Also u might consider rebuilding the transmission. They weren't nicknamed " glass transmission" for fun. Lol. But good luck

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
88-7MGTE;1571672 said:
hopefully improved, all coming from Ebay, to keep the cost at minimum. ......and SAFE!.......... we will be installing some cheap bucket seats,

Not a good Idea to cheap out on the seats ;) Safe and cheep don't mix. But when you crash and your seat fails, don't blame your broken back on the cheap seats you bought, rather your cheap bank account. Safety equipment is NOT an area to cheap out in.

just my 2 cents or Im getting old :rofl:

88-7MGTE

I do know good is not cheap!
The only thing is that if i know it will effect my safety i would not use it and seats if they were reclining seats, yeah i would have conserns but they are not and they are pretty solid. I know we will be ok with them. And yes you must be getting old :)