Ebay Downpipes

aidanair

Cops Love Me
Aug 27, 2007
Marlboro
First off, im sorry if this has been covered for im sure it has. but i cant find it and ive searched for hours, the search on this site sucks. anyways, what are your thought on this downpipe?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=200162323129&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

does it mount right in? where does the under piece mount to? ive only seen ebay make this recirc style dp, never seen it anywhere else. also how hard is the install.. can i do it myself?

MmmBoost

DDS Performance
this is a bolt on affair. you shouldnt have any problems doing it yourself. you need a 14mm wrench and thats about it.

that downpipe deletes the first cat, but it bolts right up to the second one. so you should still pass a smog test (i did with only 1 cat)

iamshawn

codename: HENRO
Nov 2, 2005
Houston
what i used before was some 10mm lock washers and 10mm x 1.25 thread pitch nuts to lock in my DP. While you are at it just get some new studs 10mm x 1.25 x 65.

that DP look like a copy of BIC DDP haha.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Search result for "ebay downpipes" (your thread title) shows this as the first result (2nd now):

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47267&highlight=ebay+downpipe

I guess search ain't all that bad...:icon_bigg

They fit fine and are easy to install EXCEPT: the bottom-inner nut is a PITA (it seems to be on all elbow-integrated DP's). Some people have slightly dented theirs to get the nut on; I was able to get mine without any denting, but it took about 1.5 hours. Also, some people have had to "shave" down the "tongue" just a bit - but not everybody. All of this should be covered in the linked thread.

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
*sigh*

this has been discussed throughly and search works fine...

It's the same as a ZW downpipe (he still sells them on ebay IIRC) and one of the sponsors on this forums sells them for about the same price, and it comes with the studs for the O2 sensor that is missing from the others...

also, the gaskets suck...

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
That ad is hilarious.

"This is JDM customized" "You wont find this in the US market" HAHAHA :biglaugh:

Hit up one of the vendors in the vendors section. BIC is where its at.