ebay afpr?

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
Do any of the ebay Adjustable fuel pressure regulators work well and are reliable?who here is using one without issues.I was looking at a kit for the 7mgte thats about 90$ that comes with all the fittings and hoses.There are also some that range between $20-$30 that dont come with the ss braided hose which isnt an issue because i have a place near by that can make them.I just dont have a lot of money to spend at the moment so im looking for somthing that dosnt cost too much but is reliable in the $100 range.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
They sell for 40$. But.... Would you trust your motor with a cheap ass reg that might crap put at any tIme? It doesn't add performance. More fuel dOswnt mean more hp.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
general rule with ebay is unless there stock or brand name parts(still gotta be carefull due to alot of immitation items) , dont buy parts that move. the cheap ones are fine if your building a dedicated track car, casuse if it fails, you just put the car back on he trailer and go home. on the street however, tow bills get pricey, and the money you saved gets spent on the tow home

and what hvyman says is true. unless you have large injectors, walbro (or equilvent), a larger turbo and need more fuel pressure, its pretty much a useless mod, as the stock regulator works quite well.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Its not only thje fact that there 40$ regs, its hte fact that china is coming out with such good fakes that its not even worth buying. Honestly stay the fuck away from ebay for performace buys,

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
Im tryn to get around the fuel cut.Ever scince i installed the divorced down pipe it hit 10lbs of boost and hit the fuel cut in 3rd gear and above.I do have an fcd but from what i read its not a good idea to install.I was gonna try the lexus maf and a little more fuel too raise the fuel cut a little higher.Afr's are not lean under full boost either there at 11.50 on the wideband.im certain i dont have boost leaks or codes have checked both multiple times.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7MGT...644680QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ180711594838

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

The link above is the one i was looking at.Mods,large front mount intercooler,2.5 inch intercooler piping,lightweight flywheel,rebuilt 7mgte with na cams, high comppression pistons,divorced down pipe,Hks 1.2mm mhg,arp headstuds.

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
Not only do you need a lex maf, you need bigger injectors aka 550s. Then save your money and get an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. If you can find one that is not working the rebuild kit is like 15 bucks, that's what I did. Then get the install kit from drift motion and do it the right way. Don't ever cheap out on fuel prroducts it will end up costing you much more money in the end.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
that wont help with fuel cut unless you get the supporting mods. the stock 440ccc injects wont spray more than 440cc, regardless of the fuel pressure behind it. even so, with the stock ct 26 and the lex/550 mods, you dont really need a afpr, but a walbro(or equivlent high flow pump) is recomened,

read this, it will help you understand fuel cut a lil more http://www.supramania.com/forums/content.php?141-What-is-Fuel-Cut

WillWorkFoBoost

that guy
Sep 1, 2009
Maine
Hey so Il vouch for an ebay Vision motorsports afpr. I have one on my car and also I have a friend that has one on his fully built rb25 240 racecar that made 890 wheel at 38psi. Its definitely held up for him and he was drifting with it in competitions, beating the piss out of it. I believe theyre 70 bucks. on the other hand I know the real cheap 30-40 dollar range ones dont work. theyre junk.

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
Ill have to look into that.If u add more fuel pressure your will get more fuel injected,ive ran rrfpr on 5mge turbo.Per every pound of boost it would up the fuel pressure and up the amount of fuel injected,or is that theory incorrect?

WillWorkFoBoost

that guy
Sep 1, 2009
Maine
Just get 550s or 560s and a lex afm. Its more about the even match of flow, so that you dont screw up the ecus ability to learn/add/remove fuel. the extra fuel that 550s provide because the ecu still thinks it has 440s will compensate for the unmetered air through lex afm. It will still have adaptivity. as far as an afpr it is useful to have, but doesnt take the place of matching lex afm/550s.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
tomsupra8683;1753181 said:
Ill have to look into that.If u add more fuel pressure your will get more fuel injected,ive ran rrfpr on 5mge turbo.Per every pound of boost it would up the fuel pressure and up the amount of fuel injected,or is that theory incorrect?

that is semi correct and semi wrong. that works on a turbo converted motor, as the stock injectors rarley hit the full cc/min flow rate, which is just the factory detune for longevity/emmisions. but the 7m already has a boost sensitive fuel reg, and at the 12psi your running, you have maxed out the stock system, which means it doesnt matter how much presure is behind the injector, it will only flow its max rating, at this point the injectors need a upgrade to a larger flowing injectors.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
tomsupra8683;1752901 said:
Do any of the ebay Adjustable fuel pressure regulators work well and are reliable?who here is using one without issues.I was looking at a kit for the 7mgte thats about 90$ that comes with all the fittings and hoses.There are also some that range between $20-$30 that dont come with the ss braided hose which isnt an issue because i have a place near by that can make them.I just dont have a lot of money to spend at the moment so im looking for somthing that dosnt cost too much but is reliable in the $100 range.

I have a new AEM unit with gauge and braided lines for sale section. Right in your range.....

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Don't bash unless you have tried it. Im on a 9.00 adjustable fuel pressure regulator on E85 at 510hp been using it for months with no issues.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Not saying its a good idea to cheap out, but its your car and your choice. Im going to give my feedback anyhow

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Fuel, cooling system, brakes and suspension are probably the areas I would never cheap out on, considering that a little money saved comes at the price of big risk.

WillWorkFoBoost

that guy
Sep 1, 2009
Maine
Devin LeBlanc;1753321 said:
Don't bash unless you have tried it. Im on a 9.00 adjustable fuel pressure regulator on E85 at 510hp been using it for months with no issues.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Not saying its a good idea to cheap out, but its your car and your choice. Im going to give my feedback anyhow

I agree not a good idea to cheap out, but people cant say something doesnt work if theyve never tried it. when it comes to ebay stuff my personal rule is never buy the cheapest thing haha. mid grade. its not that the cheapies are all junk its quality control. My only experiences with fprs is a 25 dollar one that didnt hold fuel pressure, and a 70 dollar one that has been on 2 different cars in the past 3 years and still works great. you get baller points for proving that 9 dollar one for sure.