eBay/935 DDP - Who's got it?

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
For those of you running the ebay ddp that is also sold via 935, did the stock turbo heat shield fit as is, or did it take some modification? I just had this ddp installed (recirc version), and I'll have to install the heat shield this weekend. I'd just like to know if I'm in for a 20 min bolt-on job, or if I'll have to work some dremel magic.

Did anyone just go with a turbo blanket?

Thanks.

Ben

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Poodles;1097235 said:
Have to modify it.

Cut the flat spot where the back bolt goes through on the heatshield out and it fits fine.

Thanks! Happen to have a pic that I could use as a template? If not, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Ben

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Me?

It's alright, not nearly as good as it could be. But for the price I paid for mine I can't really complain.

Mine hits the crossmember for the tranny (even after denting it pretty well, it still hits), and the divider doesn't seal very well. If I where to buy another cheap one I'd get the recirculated to take care of the noise, and hope it doesn't hit...

DangoAZ

Driver
Jun 13, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
I've got one - I put a cutting wheel on my angle grinder and cut the back of my heat shield off to fit over it. That was quick, easy, and no big deal.

As far as the quality goes, it wasn't worth the hassle. The flange was so warped that when I put it on the first time, I could see a visible gap at the top of the turbine housing. :3d_frown: I thought I was imagining things, but when I shined a light in the oxygen sensor hole I could see a crack of light at the junction. So I spent three hours with a hand file to get it straightened out (couldn't surface grind it with the divider in there). Possibly heat affected metal from welding? I don't know - but I was pissed that they would let that out the door.

And I'm glad my plan was to put a test pipe in and get rid of my cat, because the new down-pipe was like 1.5 inches longer (maybe exagerating) than the original, and I'm not sure I would have scrunched the flex section up enough to fit it with the old exhaust.

Long story short - It didn't live up to the promise of "bolts right up to your existing exhaust." But it sounds great, and there is noticeable difference in spool up and power from the old stock dp (duh, right?). If you want the no-hassle factor, and want one that fits right, look elsewhere. If you don't mind a little bit of cusomizing when it gets to your door, the price is right.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
I didn't install the unit myself, but my trusted shop assured me they had no problems, and everything sealed up well. The sound isn't much different than before, but I can hear the turbo spool up a bit more. I had a test installed at the same time, and a week prior, I installed an Apexi intake. Other than that, I'm stock. The car feels a lot livlier now! I'd love to take it to a dyno and find out exactly what I'm putting down. I'd have to imagine around 280 at the crank, right?

Ben

DangoAZ

Driver
Jun 13, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
Too many variables to be able to say how much HP you're putting down. Condition, tune, luck :sarcasm:, etc... Only one way to find out, right? Dyno time!

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
my buddy got one online.
The welds had some holes so the exhaust leaked.
Good thing we spotted it before we installed it.

rocktownmkIII

Jul 28, 2007
rockford il
im running ddp from 935 motorsports mine was hitting the trans mount butnot anmore i guess it dented it so its not hitting anymore. I had problems getting the bottom studs to tighten down all the way