Ebay 7mGTE kit

DaltonD

May 22, 2008
Fayetteville Arkansas
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260253557913&_trksid=p2759.l1259

I am on a fairly low budget, so I was thinking I would use this for a year or so until I can upgrade.
I've heard scary stories about ebay kits, but I've also seen a few people make decent power off ebay kits.
(And a few of my honda friends have ebay kits that aren't givin em any problems. Besides the fact that their not making huge power.)

Do you think this kit will be ok for 350whp? I don't want to push an ebay turbo hard.

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
for 350hp use the factory turbo

that kit in the link is going to need alot of custom parts for it to work right and it wont be cheap in the end.

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
for only 350 horse just have your stock ct26 upgraded to a 54,57 or 60 trim and itll make that kinda low power easy, and itll be like 2-300 bucks cheaper than the ebay kit that as stated above needs some custom work to make it work right and in the end wont be worth the time or trouble for just a little amount of power.

however with the given specs on the turbo im kinda curious on how it would pre form and for how long. maybe ill test it later.

-sean

DaltonD

May 22, 2008
Fayetteville Arkansas
Thanks for the advice you guys.
The reason I wanted the kit is because of all the pipes, fittings, and the intercooler.
I'm pretty sure custom bends in the pipe will be needed... =/

Anyone know of a good intercooler kit for the 7m? All the ones I've seen look to be bad with airflow, but I'm sure they do "alright"

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
well your going to have to make a custom downpipe, wastegate dump, intake, find someone who welds aluminum and then fab up your intercooler piping out of what they gave you. Im sure it would take a few other things but thats a decent list to start with.

super supra dave

Oct 12, 2007
manassas va
here is some stuff that may help.http://www.suprastore.com/stivimk3tu7m.html. it tells you steps they arent really stages but steps to making more power. really good stuff there i wouldnt buy and ebay kit. some thing from ebay are good but not much. i am getting f*%$ed on a rad i got. april 16 and i still dont have it. so just look at that page i posted, shop around and talk to ppl.

super supra dave

Oct 12, 2007
manassas va
http://www.thesupraforums.com/showthread.php?p=12179. this one is good too. if your motor is in good shape and you trust it then just make it ez to pull in the air and then push it out, that will be good for some nice hp. a mild cam would do well too. anything around 300 hp is a nice street car, but since our girls are a lil thicker with a sexy bode and a kick ass in line more than 350hp isnt hard to get and needed cuz of the pounds she has. youll bet out most anything that isnt a zo6 or anything with alot of work done.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
98MKIV(owner of XSpower) said:
7M-GTE Single Turbo Kit: $1449 shipped FedEx!
We've got you covered if you're running the 7M-GTE
T61 T4 turbocharger (.84AR Hot .70AR Cold, 3" V-Band Out) - compare to Masterpower T70
12x24x3" polished aluminum front mount intercooler (4" upgrade available)
7M-GTE fully braced polished stainless steel manifold
44mm JUN Style Wastegate
polished stainless steel dump tube
RFL BOV (really friggin loud)
4" polished stainless intake tube with nipples for IAC and blowby
3" V-band clamp kit
3" V-Band polished stainless steel down pipe with 02 bungs
teflon and stainless braided oil supply line, high temp drain lines & flanges
gaskets
turbo oil return plate (to oil pan)
And before anyone says anything about their turbos, I have never heard of more than 1 of his turbos dieing, and IIRC that guy failed to prime it correctly.

ModularTurbo

MasterPower Rep
May 4, 2008
Homestead, FL
www.modularturbo.com
Using a Chinese low cost turbo is not worth the money you save buying it!!!
Buying the manifold and non moving parts cheap off ebay usually works out good but any moving parts ie wastegates and turbos and you are asking for big headaches.

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
ModularTurbo;1059769 said:
You should talk to jtamulis he makes bolt on turbo upgrades for 7m's. send him a pm and tell him Rob sent you.

i was about to say that rob, but you beet me to it.
yes do give jeff a call, i talk to him on the regular almost he is really a great guy.
tell him sean ellis and rob sent ya.

-sean

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
Just remember EBAY does not make anything! So research what your buying.
I know alot of people talk crap about "Ebay" Turbo's, But dont hear anything but good from people actully running them. Just be sure to look into what you are buying. I bought a CT 60-1 of ebay one time that was a total rip off. So read feedback and ask around.

Last edited: