earlier spoiler third brake light

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
All OEM spoilers for the mk3 Supra had the 3rd brake light built it. Im sure you can unmounted it if you did not want to have one. There is also a difference in the 3rd brake light styling in the years as the 87 is a perfect rectangle shape and the 88 has a smooth curve shape on both sides of the brake light.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
plaaya69;2093559 said:
All OEM spoilers for the mk3 Supra had the 3rd brake light built it. Im sure you can unmounted it if you did not want to have one. There is also a difference in the 3rd brake light styling in the years as the 87 is a perfect rectangle shape and the 88 has a smooth curve shape on both sides of the brake light.
Thanks your helpful:
Thanks for making that clear. it's shape of the third light, thats where I got mixed up instead of 3rd brake or no brake light

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
I saw a mkiii today he had a integral mkiii brake light, it looked part of the spoiler, and It wasn't either the square or rounded brake light how did he get that?
plaaya69;2093559 said:

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
Koenigturbo;2093860 said:
I saw a mkiii today he had a integral mkiii brake light, it looked part of the spoiler, and It wasn't either the square or rounded brake light how did he get that?

That was a '89+ three piece spoiler (has separate side pieces bolted to the quarters), was it not?

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
no sorry it wasn't it was the earlier style one piece touring wing style, I swear to Mania it was without a doubt.
He had to had gotten it after market, but bought under "factory" style catagory, or he took an three piece spoiler brake light and made provisions for the light. It looked very very factory.

UOTE=MK3pizzadriver;2093862]That was a '89+ three piece spoiler (has separate side pieces bolted to the quarters), was it not?[/QUOTE]