e3 spark plugs?

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
anybody have any experience with these?

I have my money on it being a snake oil product....but "horsepower TV" did show some interesting dyno results. They demonstrated something like a 6hp gain on a 400hp big block, and reduced emissions during cruise testing.

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
I saw the same episode and notice that all of the shows on TV are raving about them. Maybe its just Spike or Speed trying to make money and shoving it down our faces. But they had facts and dyno results.

Still don't think I would buy anything other NGK until I saw it proven and tested on an MKIII.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Horsepower TV is one long infomercial now, they will say something is great for money.

Just like the Bosche Platinum +4's they're garbage in a performance engine and are only nice in a POS that likes to foul plugs cause they take longer to foul.

DangoAZ

Driver
Jun 13, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
SrBigbutt;1378719 said:
Still don't think I would buy anything other NGK until I saw it proven and tested on an MKIII.

Well - I don't think the MKIII is going to be a test platform on any TV show in the near future. The only way we're going to get those test results is if the community is willing to try things, and write up reviews. I'm not sure you can gather if they're good or crap b/c of the commercial nature of the programs... So if you want to find out, grab a set and run 'em. Then let us know what you think.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
The 7mgte does not respond well to these plugs from what I have seen.

Honestly one of the local supras up here was purchased with these in it and would start and die. Start then die. Pulled all the e3 plugs out and replaced them with ngk coppers and it fired right up and ran smooth.

Just from my personal experience I would say stay far away.